X-Files is back!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some screen shots I took of the rockets. :)

2016-01-25%2020.59.39.jpg

2016-01-25%2021.02.01.jpg

2016-01-25%2021.03.46.jpg

You noted the rockets... I noticed something else... My handiwork managed to make an appearance in the X-Files! I'm really Jazzed about that!!!

Some of you may remember my complaint to the Consumer Products Safety Commission about the Porta Pad E and it's flaw with the blast plate melting the legs of my launch pad. Then there was that Mean Machine that somehow didn't launch, it just stayed on the pad and torched the swivel until the rocket fell over, with the launch pad burning from the direct flames. Estes response was to strengthen the joint where the legs come together on the PPE, re-locate the swivel beneath the blast plate, and create stands that keep the blast plate off of the base. These images clearly show that the PPE used in the show was one of the later models that had these changes in it.

Thanks KenECoyote

Last edited:
I thought it was hilarious! Campy and silly...a throwback to some of the old odd episodes. I loved all the things they stuffed in this one...the angst and struggle of a middle-class worker, a fantasy scene with a sexy Scully, preposterous creature, plot twist, Mulder drinking himself silly...boy, this one seemed like they almost tried too hard to satisfy all the original fans! :)

I thought it was a mix of "The Office", "Twilight Zone", "Creepshow" and maybe a few others.

BTW - When X-files first came to TV and became a hit, I realized I had come of age since a show I liked and thought may be a bit odd for mainstream was finally popular. It marked the point in which I became a key demographic segment to which media was targeting. Yup, I studied advertising. :grin:
Some of the funnier original X-Files:

"Bad Blood" - Season 5, Episode 12 (IMDB 9.4)
"Je Souhaite" - Season 7, Episode 21 (IMDBD 8.7)
"Jose Chung's From Outer Space" - Season 3, Episode 20 (IMDB 9.2)
"Small Potatoes" - Season 4, Episode 20 (IMDB 9.2)
"Hollywood A.D." - Season 7, Episode 19 (IMDB 7.7)
"Dreamland" - Season 6, Episode 4 (IMDB 9.1)
"Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" - Season 3, Episode 4 (IMDB 9.3)
"The Rain King" - Season 6, Episode 8 (IMDB 7.7)
"The Post-Modern Prometheus" -Season 5, Episode 5 (IMDB 8.8)
"War of the Coprophages" - Season 3, Episode 12 (IMDB 9.0)
"The Amazing Maleeni" - Season 7, Episode 8 (IMDB 8.4)
"X-Cops" - Season 7, Episode 12 (IMDB 8.6)
"Humbug" - Season 2, Episode 20 (IMDB 8.9)
"Arcadia" - Season 6, Episode 15 (IMDB 8.7)
"Improbable" - Season 9, Episode 13 (IMDB 7.7)

Season 10 is doing extremely well in the viewer numbers:

https://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ratings-the-x-files-delayed-viewing-20-million-1201692086/

and in IMDB viewer ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106179/

This makes me hope that we might see more than six episodes produced. All episodes of the earlier nine seasons of X-Files are available for free streaming for Amazon Prime members, something I'm definitely taking advantage of, limiting my viewing to the highest rated episodes. A list of all episodes with their IMDB ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls004891420/

"It marked the point in which I became a key demographic segment to which media was targeting."

Demographic differences are definitely shown in the IMDB data. There appears to be a lot of a Mulder effect present:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4549942/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Last night's was hysterical, definitely up there with Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Hollywood AD, and Jose Chung's from Outer Space for funniest X-Files episode ever. I loved that Mulder's ring tone was the theme song. Totally made up for the rocket sequence from last week making me cry, (the kid reminded me of my boys and it got to me for lots of reasons)

Yeah,,
The acting was pretty poor..
I don't like that they gave more to Him then her,, completely uncalled for and incorrect..
But Joe's right,, the funny stuff was pretty good,,
I got quite a chuckle a few times...

Teddy

Yea, I could use a little more Scully. Last night was a start in the right direction.

Tonight's episode sucks.

If they show one more thing to do with Scully's baby, I'm not watching anymore.
It's getting stupid.

Matter of fact, you know what the new X-Files reminds me of?

When "Terminator: Genysis", finally came out on PPV, I had to wait til' I had a night off from the kid, so I could buy myself a 6 pack and have a good ol' time watching one of my favorite movie franchises, hoping that it would get better rather than worse, like it had been getting ever since the first sequel.
That was not the case.
Sadly, I woke up the next day just thinking that I had dreamed watching it. It was so bad that it could not have possibly been real, and surely in my zeal to consume my first six pack in over a year, I had simply gotten drunk and fallen asleep before even watching my much anticipated movie.
The situation confused me, and a few days later, when I had regained my sense of normalcy, I decided to watch it "For real", or so I thought.
What confronted me on my TV screen for $5.99 again was a replay of what I had thought was a nightmare!!!
An un-nameable aberration not fit to be viewed for free let alone as an "On-Demand PPV Movie"!!!

Anyhow, that is how I am starting to feel about the new X-files.
What a let down.:(

I'll only watch again if there if someone promises me that Scully's baby is never mentioned again.
Infact, no, even that would not do it, as tonight's episode was beyond un-enjoyable.

Last edited:
I'll only watch again if there if someone promises me that Scully's baby is never mentioned again.
Infact, no, even that would not do it, as tonight's episode was beyond un-enjoyable.

ROFL . . . well said! I couldn't agree more. I'll go even further and wish they never mention again that Mulder and Scully were a couple. Besides, for Mulder, it could only have been lust and not love that drove him to Scully. I know, opposites attract, but that was too much. First Scully was an unbeliever, then she became a believer, and now she's back being an unbeliever . . . give the woman a lobotomy, it's much needed.

That's my rant.

Last nights episode was beyond weird and annoying. I will agree, tired of hearing about the damn baby. Not sure how the whole tied together. This whole season has been a meandering pile of garbage man.

Yeah, the worst episode in this new season. Garbage man and baby William - neither were interesting. Last night they used the term "season finale" instead of "series finale" in their future episode teaser, so hopefully there'll be more than just these six episodes and they'll have a chance to come up with some better episode plots.

Have at least three maybe four episodes on DVR but haven't watched any of them yet.

Have a feeling that X-files would have been a lot better without David Duchovny. Is he related to the producers or something? I liked the latter episodes with Robert Patrick better than the earlier episodes with Mulder.

Tonight's episode was actually quite fun!

And no mention of Scully's baby!!!

I watched the first two. Duchivny and Anderson cannot act their way out of paper bags. They should kill off the X files permanently- or hire actual actors.

The mushroom trip was a blast, and a bonus cameo from the Lone Gunmen.

Yeah, it was cool that they brought them back for a cameo!
I was hoping to see them in the new mini-series, and it is funny to see them looking so old in that scene!

Tonight's episode was actually quite fun!

And no mention of Scully's baby!!!

I will agree on the best part of the episode was not hearing about the baby. I am a bit conflicted about where they are taking the story overall. It was great to see the Lone Gunmen again.

Not bad,,,
It was pretty good...

I really think my tastes have changed since
The X Files was first on....

Teddy

I watched the first two. Duchivny and Anderson cannot act their way out of paper bags. They should kill off the X files permanently- or hire actual actors.
I've recently watched earlier episodes via HD streaming (free with Amazon Prime) and they weren't bad at all. I think they must have gotten rusty over the years or the director(s) are being less demanding or both.

After watching this Monday's episode, I don't think you're too far off the mark here. I think there may be a passing of the torch next week.

I have two promotional posters from the new season 6 part event on FOX TV that I can ship for a reasonable price. Any interest in one? Any fans out there? The Truth is Still Out There.

Back