OpenRocket 3D-views not working

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketry

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I got this problem with my OpenRocket, the 3D-views aren't working anymore. I do not know for sure but it might started after the installation of Windows 10. I've tried re-installing both OpenRocket and Java, but that did not help either. A blank white screen is shown. And it is not a version-problem, I installed several ones but all of them didn't work. I've searched the internet and couldn't find a solution, I hope someone here knows what to do and can share it with me. Thank y'all for reading and thanks in advance for helping me out!

Best regards!

In OR click: Edit / Preferences / Graphics / see if "Enable 3d Graphics is selected. Close & reopen OR for the changes to work.

I had the same problem with when I got Win 10. I had to uninstall the new version of Java and install Javasetup 7u4.

In OR click: Edit / Preferences / Graphics / see if "Enable 3d Graphics is selected. Close & reopen OR for the changes to work.

Thank you for replying! I already checked this twice before and tried again hoping it magically would work but no even when checked and restarted, nothing.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with when I got Win 10. I had to uninstall the new version of Java and install Javasetup 7u4.

Yes I was wondering if the problem is with Windows 10 + Java since no OpenRocket-versions worked it has to be Java or some fault in Windows 10. I'm going to try the Java version you recommended, thank you sir!

Thanks Slickwilly, will have to remember this! I am still on Win 7, but was considering making the move to 10 soon.

Slickwilly, I owe you one. It worked. I installed the last version of Java 7, 7u80. All good now but just as I thought, guess the problem is with Windows 10 not executing Java 8 in the right way or something.

Excellent! Thanks for posting back here with your success!

Latest posts

Back