I.D.S.S. - My BALLS 26? Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta quit reading these threads. I just feel more inadequate by the post. It's great to read about all the actual rocket science that goes into some of these rockets, unlike mine.

That was a great find Tony, it almost exactly matches the method Alex described the previous post and really shows that it can create a very nice and I'm sure robust fin can. And I assume the molds should be good for several layups.

I need a need a real workshop and someone smart enough to help me use it!

Tony

For a couple of years I've been doing some traveling and doing "rocketry stuff" with colleges and some high schools. It's amazing what they come up with. A retractable nose cone to avoid going above a target altitude. Some Carbon/Kevlar body tube that was wound "sort of like a basket" that was very tight but super strong. 3D printed fin carcasses that they then covered with a few layers of carbon fiber.

I agree that my man cave has more of a meaning these days... as in Tony's neanderthal tools, methods and rockets!

Tony

Tony, I dont think I'm misunderstanding your comments. I'm relieved to finally be having a civil discussion about ROCKETS on the ROCKETRY forum. Most other people are arguing about who's GF is hotter.

HEY I HEARD THAT!

In all seriousness though, this build looks awesome. Jealous of your build techniques! It looks really nice.

Back