Cable Gland

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using cable glands to pass e matches through in bulk heads? The smallest I see is a PG-7 and it may be a little big as it is for .130 to .230 diameter wire.

All I have ever done is pass the wires through and hit it with hot glue. It seems to stand up to charges and is definitely easy to inspect or replace.

I was looking for something different. I was planning on wiring e matches directly to the altimeter on a minimum diameter rocket. I have heard of using well nuts but decided to go ahead and use terminal blocks like normal.

As far as saving space and wiring directly to altimeter, the hot glue method works great, but I understand if you are looking for something else

I prefer the well nuts and direct wiring to the altimeter as it limits the points of failure due to additional wire connections and creates a gas tight seal against the corrosive residues from BP residue. Another even simpler method is to use poster tack ( non-permanent adhesive putty) to cover the hole, no tools required or glue guns in the field.

Back