East Coast Storms

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jis2

Reaction score
So , I spoke to my sister in Nashville at about 3 pm central time and they had already received 4 inches of snow ! I received a text at about 7pm still snowing . Hope your all safe this weekend sounds like it may get pretty rough ! Take care , Jim

About a foot here, maybe 16". It's hard to tell with the drifts, some a good 30" high.

Nate

We got 8 inches in West KY, right at the edge of where it all got bad. I had family that drove from Nashville to here yesterday, normally a 2.5 hour drive. It took them 6.5 hours. The storm wasn't what was bad here, it was the overnight 20-40mph winds that created drifts on roadways up to five feet deep. People just won't give up, and, kept getting stuck all night, keeping wrecker services and emergency responders busy.

Hoping that everyone here...out there, gets through this safely...having survived MANY blizzards when i lived in North Dakota years ago.

It's times like this that the thought of fattening up, curling up with an attractive member of the opposite sex and, waking up around late March starts too sound like a good idea.

Kind of makes you wonder who is the "smarter" species...:confused2:

MClark and terryg...:cool:

It is cold here in KY...

How cold is it...

IMG_0376.JPG

they are calling for up to 30" possible here in NJ....right now I would guess I have about 15 to 18".....its tough to tell cause the winds are whipping it up...the snow drifts are over the door handles of my car.

I just got back inside...
There's got to be a solid 18",,
the drifts are as deep as car door handles...
And the wind is ripping it up into a frenzy......

Be safe.....

Teddy

I went out to shovel around 2 PM and there was anywhere from 9" on the roof of my car, to 18" on the driver side next to the car.
It's still snowing and not expected to let up till at least 10 PM tonight.

JD

We got 6 to 8 inches here last night and then it switched to sleet. It started snowing again today around 9am and hasn't stopped. Weather "experts" are calling for 12 to 14 inches in our area.

We just got ice. We have about 3" of sleet with a dusting of snow. But hey... I just got a lesson from my dad in how to drive on snow and ice. :)

Thought we were done last night after a day of snow and school/govt. office closures Friday- woke up this morning to flurries, then this afternoon it started up again and was blowing sideways with very low visibility.
Still snowing as I post at 6:18 PM Saturday 1/23/16.
I think it will be 1-2 feet by the time it ends.

Last edited:
Thought we were done last night after a day of snow and school/govt. office closures Friday- woke up this morning to flurries, then this afternoon it started up again and was blowing sideways with very low visibility.
Still snowing as I post at 6:18 PM Saturday 1/23/16.
I think it will be 1-2 feet by the time it ends.

I just measured the snow. 11 inches out here in Varina. Where are you located?

Boy...looks like they mis-forecast the snow in and around NYC...reports last night said 5-8" daytime with 1-3" at night, but it looks like already 18-20" and still snowing by me. So much for a backyard launch tomorrow!

Stay safe and warm everyone! Build rockets! :)

Are those fresh drifts or left over from last year? :wink:

I'm happy to say that they aren't. :wink: 30 minutes away from where I live, the biggest drifts last year were around 7 feet high. :shock:

Last edited:
We're probably up to about 2 ft here near Morristown Drifts are probably almost 3 ft. Be safe!

Nate

Back