eBay Delusion of the Day.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy built rockets all the time. I pay guys to build and repair my rockets. I absolutely can't stand building rockets. Haven't for about 10 years. But I do cuz I love to fly. Don't dis buying built rockets. Ain't nothing wrong with it.

That's one of the great things about this hobby. So many ways to enjoy it, and none of them wrong.

To each their own.:)

Another delusional seller. Seen this one a couple times before.

A kit that is not OOP, costs $21.99 list price and is currently listed in the specials on the Estes website for only $6.49, and they think someone will pay $49.00.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Estes-3225...461515?hash=item33b0cb8b0b:g:Kr0AAOSwu4BVoaPe

This guy must believe PT Barnum was right when he said "There is a sucker born every minute"

Love the "Can clime 925" once launched"

That's right folks... 77'

Love the "Can clime 925" once launched"

That's right folks... 77'

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Es...763675?hash=item25b56f5a5b:g:QTcAAOSwa-dWiG-V
Heres another one I like, I'm pretty sure its a scratch built semi-clone that has the packing card, decals, and instruction set (those being the original parts). The nose cone is totally wrong as the PNC-50S never had a actual canopy and the fins on the NC are not quite right, they look to thick to be the ones I remember (from two kits that I have built many years ago).

I watch eBay for these "deals" every day. It is entertaining.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Es...763675?hash=item25b56f5a5b:g:QTcAAOSwa-dWiG-V
Heres another one I like, I'm pretty sure its a scratch built semi-clone that has the packing card, decals, and instruction set (those being the original parts). The nose cone is totally wrong as the PNC-50S never had a actual canopy and the fins on the NC are not quite right, they look to thick to be the ones I remember (from two kits that I have built many years ago).

And for an "expert build" there was no attempt to fill the grain of the balsa.....

Maybe it's like that old joke about the guy that was selling raffle tickets for a used pick-up truck for ONLY a million dollars each. When someone asked him if he thought everyone in the whole world was that stupid he answered, "Of course not, but I only need to sell one."

I was just thinking: I think the rocket is just the "wrapper" for some other transaction...it's unusual enough to be mistaken for a rare collectible without actually being expensive.

It's a good way to launder money though.

Steve Shannon

That guy is just insane.

Funny enough that in the Apogee e-mail from last night they had all of those Sunward kits listed...at about 20% of what he is asking.

Perhaps I just need to find out who supplies him with his drugs...they must be REALLY good.

During the wild and wooly early days of Ebay one of my coworkers, who collects die-cast airliner models, started buying cut-rate die-cast car, plane, etc models at Odd/Big Lots and selling them at no reserve on Ebay. Made MORE than enough to support his own collecting habit...and pay for a family vacation! Something is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay I guess.

Last edited:
During the wild and wooly early days of Ebay one of my coworkers, who collects die-cast airliner models, started buying cut-rate die-cast car, plane, etc models at Odd/Big Lots and selling them at no reserve on Ebay. Made MORE than enough to support his own collecting habit...and pay for a family vacation! Something is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay I guess.

While I do believe in buyer beware, I personally think this person is a bit light on the ethics, assuming these sales are legit. To me it looks like he/she is simply looking for a sucker to some along.

Oh, no doubt! Price that's FOUR OR FIVE times the list price? Hopefully whomever is interested in these at least does a quick Google inquiry!

I collected straight razors for awhile 12 years ago until the prices went through the roof on low quality garbage. Never did get a decent dbl duck WonderEdge razor but picked up a few GoldEdge ones with the gold wash still on the base of the blade. I should have bid on an un open package of six WonderEdge razors when I had the chance. Could have bought 'em all $500.00 then. Probably for a mint 5/8 Wonderedge now lord knows what each one would be worth.

Used to shave with the straight razors in the past. Is really an art form but takes a lot of time to do without injuring oneself. I grew up in Wheaton, Illinois which in the early days was a rail commuter town for Chicago businesses. In the very early 1960's I recall four barbershops near the downtown Chicago and Northwestern train station. I believe the business travelers in a bygone time got up very early, hit the barbershop for an early morning shave and then hopped the commuter
trains to work.

My local barber (who is in his 80's) says shops would open at 4:00 A.M. and a barbers mettle was measured by how well he could shave a man.

I no longer use a straight razor but hot towels are still a good secret for softening the beard before using whatever razor one wants to use. Kurt

Back