OpenRocket won't save

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerstripe40

Reaction score
OpenRocket Version: 15.03
MacOSX 10.11.2
Java version 1.7.0_09

I am working with OpenRocket for my rocket design.
I am having a difficulty saving.

I can save the file as a RockSim file, but when I try to save as open rocket (ork) it won't select, just defaults to the rocksim format (rkt).
thing is, even after saving it, it won't save any changes, just opens the original design.
I have tried changing permissions on the files and it won't save.

Has anybody else encountered this?

-James

I had the same problem a few months ago. The issue is with the file extension. Manually change the extension from .rkt to .ork by renaming the file. OR should still be able to open the file and it should then let you save as .ork.

I had the same problem a few months ago. The issue is with the file extension. Manually change the extension from .rkt to .ork by renaming the file. OR should still be able to open the file and it should then let you save as .ork.

That helped. Thanks.

The behavior I see is that OR does not alter the file name that it originally had if it started as a .rkt. It will add on the .ork when it actually saves the file to the drive. I have a number of files that end .rkt.ork these look funny but work correctly. One of the things that may be confusing the issue is the Microsoft file option that hides the extension from you by default, if you haven't turned this off then it will look like the extension is still a .rkt but it is not (if you look at the file type it will indicate what it actually is). Both these issues should in my option be corrected in future builds, but I don't hold out much hope for Microsoft.

Back