New movie "Moonwalkers"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, but I'll pass... I think my life would be further enriched by spending the time doing just about anything else.

Right up there with "AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH" :eyeroll:

I laughed when I saw Ron Woolsley (Rupert Grint) from the Harry Potter movies. Gonna pass on this movie.

Oops, guess that was Ron Weesley or some such.

Last edited:
You guys need to lighten up a tad. I think this was funny as hell. Not gonna see it in a theater, but will definitely see it when it comes out on disk/PPV.

I'm not surprised to see Rupert Grint in this pile of $#!+, but sad to see Ron Perlman stooping to this.

Here's how they really faked the moon landings.

[video=youtube;P6MOnehCOUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw[/video]

Looks like the same people who write the current political comedy skits for SNL. Pathetic!

I don't think this is supposed to be an actual claim that the landings never happened. It's not a documentary. Most movies are fiction and not something anyone expects to be based on real events.

That being said, it doesn't look entertaining enough for me to pay the money I'd spend seeing it in the theaters so I'll wait until it's on Netflix or something, but I do think I'll end up watching it and I hope it's at least a little bit fun.

I don't think this is supposed to be an actual claim that the landings never happened. It's not a documentary. Most movies are fiction and not something anyone expects to be based on real events.

That being said, it doesn't look entertaining enough for me to pay the money I'd spend seeing it in the theaters so I'll wait until it's on Netflix or something, but I do think I'll end up watching it and I hope it's at least a little bit fun.

Exactly. The premise of the movie (as I understand from the trailer) is that someone decided they needed a "Plan B" in case something went wrong with Apollo 11. Ron Perlman's character is given a briefcase full of money to help make a movie of a fake landing "just in case". He gets what he thinks is Stanley Kubrik to make the film. Turns out he's wrong.

IMDB says it's available on Amazon video.

Too bad that sort of idiocy is being made into a movie. They are really scraping the bottom for movie ideas these days.

Here's Buzz's answer to that sort of tripe. I don't necessarily agree with his actions, but...

[video=youtube;wptn5RE2I-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptn5RE2I-k[/video]

Too bad that sort of idiocy is being made into a movie. They are really scraping the bottom for movie ideas these days.

Here's Buzz's answer to that sort of tripe. I don't necessarily agree with his actions, but...

Scroll down and read the comments. "One small punch for man" ROFLMAO!! :rofl:

My biggest fear is that, even in jest or sarcasm, the film says "the true story." That means that just like the popular films about Pearl Harbor, and JFK's assassination, a generation of high school kids are going to watch the movie and SWEAR that this is what happened FOR REAL.

(sigh)

My biggest fear is that, even in jest or sarcasm, the film says "the true story." That means that just like the popular films about Pearl Harbor, and JFK's assassination, a generation of high school kids are going to watch the movie and SWEAR that this is what happened FOR REAL.

(sigh)

+1 Agreed. I lived and watched the landing, follow NASA channel.
I believe this is suppose to be a somewhat of a comedy towards those consprericy theroists that believes it didn't happen.
"The True Story" should replaced with something not so misleading for the tender minds!

(sigh)

I just watched the movie. If *ANYONE* sees this and thinks it's what really happened, then they're getting flashbacks from Ron Perlman'ss acid trip.

Don't see the movie, any of you, since you already know what it's about.

Sex. Drugs. Rock and Roll. Violence.

A fat guy in his underwear. With a chicken. On a trampoline. Bounce.

Very Funny.

Last edited:

Love it, I completely agree with Buzz punching the man, lol. Thanks for posting the video.

Love it, I completely agree with Buzz punching the man, lol. Thanks for posting the video.
Nah, you simply ignore idiots. Buzz of all people should have been absolutely immune to any insults coming from this moron. At most, he should have used a great line from "No Country for Old Men" and seriously asked, "Do you have ANY idea how crazy you are?"

Nah, you simply ignore idiots. Buzz of all people should have been absolutely immune to any insults coming from this moron. At most, he should have used a great line from "No Country for Old Men" and seriously asked, "Do you have ANY idea how crazy you are?"

LOL - You mean this one at 01:30 - "Do you have ANY idea how crazy you are? You mean the nature of this conversation? No...the nature of you."

[video=youtube;dRQtjVzj1bo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQtjVzj1bo[/video]

Last edited:
LOL - You mean this one at 01:30 - "Do you have ANY idea how crazy you are? You mean the nature of this conversation? No...the nature of you."

[video=youtube;dRQtjVzj1bo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQtjVzj1bo[/video]
Exactly.

Lesson learned - when you steal a large amount of drug money, always look for RF trackers.

You guys need to lighten up a tad. I think this was funny as hell.

I was thinking the same thing...;)

(sigh)

Pear, i understand what your saying but, the sad thing is (and, i'm only 48 years old...) is that ALOT of people around me both younger and, older STILL think that the Moon landings never happened. Of course with the invention of the I-Phone we ALL know that mankind finally learned to stand upright and, become technologically proficient not so long ago...;) like just a few years ago...;)

At least you'd swear that's how some people around me act.

I just watched the movie. If *ANYONE* sees this and thinks it's what really happened, then they're getting flashbacks from Ron Perlman'ss acid trip.

Don't see the movie, any of you, since you already know what it's about.

Sex. Drugs. Rock and Roll. Violence.

A fat guy in his underwear. With a chicken. On a trampoline. Bounce.

Very Funny.

Boomer, thanks for the review...Until the release of the Force Awakens not so long ago i really had no reason to visit a movie theater after looking at alot of previews on the TV, Web and, such.
Now, i might have to see this one. Just for the laughs.

Then again i still think Animal House is one of the funniest movies i have ever seen and, still crack up every time i pop my copy into the Dvd player! :D

I remember a comic strip from 1998 when Titanic was released. It showed a line of people waiting to get into the movie. 2 youngens were behind a middle age couple and yelling at them "Thanks for ruining the ending!!":facepalm:

Back