Micro-Hybrid / Mini-Hybrid Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any other suggestions for a low-cost entry point into hybrids? I personally don't mind handling cylinders of N2O (I'm a chemist), so the whip cream canisters weren't the thing that attracted me to these systems. I was just thinking that I would get the most use out of something in the MPR/low-HPR range.

At this point, the RATT Works H70 is your most accessible and easiest to use motor. The reason I say "accessible" is because it's only 18" long and therefore will fit in a lot of pre-built rockets. I had an I80 and K240 years ago; the I80 was prohibitively long for a lot of rockets and therefore had to be built around.

Here's the UK site that has them.
https://www.hpr.org.uk/m-hybrid.html

It looks to me like the only thing that can't be shipped across the pond are the N2O canisters, but they look like standard whip-it canisters to me that could be bought here in the US. The website claims that the micro hybrid may not be in stock but that the stock material is, so it can be easily made on-demand in 2 weeks.

I emailed Eclipse Rocketry last night. No response after 24 hours. I'll tell you guys if I hear from them.

I went ahead and placed an order - I've been interested in these for a while, but missed out on the other suppliers who were producing them. I got an automated order confirmation. I'll post here when it comes in.

I just picked up a complete S'Creamer from another TRFer. Feelin' lucky....

I went ahead and placed an order - I've been interested in these for a while, but missed out on the other suppliers who were producing them. I got an automated order confirmation. I'll post here when it comes in.

I got a shipping notice yesterday, so 10 days from order to shipping.

Edit: I also emailed them to ask for a tracking number and they replied in about a half hour - so A for responsiveness.

Last edited:
I apologize for my hiatus from manufacturing these small hybrid motors! While the Micronitrorocketry web site is off line for the foreseeable future, I am still making complete motors for sale, rocket kits to fly with them, and supplying replacement parts for my existing customers.

I would recommend to anyone interested in any aspect of these small hybrid motors that they obtain my series of user's guides. These .pdf documents contain a great deal of general and specific information (over 150 pages) dealing with these kinds of small hybrids.

If you have any questions please contact me at my email address:

[email protected]

Lee Dexter

Good to hear from you!

My life got somewhat off track last fall, and I'm sorry to say that my micro hybrid system is still unused. I have plans and some of the parts to build a small test stand, and my plan is to capture thrust curves with different types of fuel grains. It may be winter again before I get around to finishing that project, though.

I would like to buy one of the mini hybrid rocket engines that uses 16g N2O canisters like the S'Creamer. I am planning on putting this on a foldable, carbon fiber, submersion-cooled, electric skateboard I built. I have already developed a dispenser system that uses a Gallo Drain Gun, so if the dispenser part is broken that is fine as I will be attaching a 1/4" barbed hose fitting anyways. I've attached some images of the board and a video of the low-thrust hybrid I built for it for anyone interested.

Please contact me if you'd be willing to sell yours: [email protected]
image_40041759.JPGimage_123927839.JPG61939163885__6005A977-91B8-4139-B640-0C8C7EC10518.jpeg
View attachment IMG_5789.mov

Back