Standin On A Corner In Winslow AZ.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. Hope he's soaring like an eagle. Bad month for rock 'n' roll.

Next it will be: Old man look at my life... and then it'd really kill me.

[YOUTUBE]An2a1_Do_fc[/YOUTUBE]

Honestly was never much of an Eagles fan myself.....
But still, this was a man who was responsible for a great amount of music that touched so many lives.
Shame about his passing - I know he will be missed.
Godspeed to him on wherever he's going.

s6

Oh man,,
Geez you're not kidding when it rains it pours...
What a shame..
Go rest in peace...

Teddy

I saw them for the first time on June 20 1972 at the Hemisfair Arena in San Antonio Tx. They opened for (believe it or not) Jethro Tull. They started out with Take it Easy, and I'm hearing people sayin, this is a country band WTF? Well as their set went on everyone started digging it and I've loved them ever since. RIP Glen Fry.

I saw them for the first time on June 20 1972 at the Hemisfair Arena in San Antonio Tx. They opened for (believe it or not) Jethro Tull. They started out with Take it Easy, and I'm hearing people sayin, this is a country band WTF? Well as their set went on everyone started digging it and I've loved them ever since. RIP Glen Fry.

Yeah, I get that mismatched performers doing a show together. Renaissance was the lead act one night and Al DiMeola was the supporting act. DiMeola smoked the house and kicked a$$, then Renaisance came on and nearly put us to sleep. They got booed terribly.

Never saw the Eagles live. Did a lot of their tunes in various bands I played in. One that used to get the crowd cranked was 7 Bridges Road, and of course we had to make sure we nailed that 3 part harmony. As soon as we started...There are stars in the southern sky.... it was on and everybody stood in their chairs. YEAH MAN...WOO HOO....Yadda yadda. You know how that stuff goes. Fun music to play for the right crowd.

I just got the news myself... Didn't spot this thread when I posted my own.

Man 2016 is getting off to a lousy start :(

Next it will be: Old man look at my life... and then it'd really kill me.

[YOUTUBE]An2a1_Do_fc[/YOUTUBE]
Or Frey's former roommate, Jackson Browne, who wrote most of "Take it Easy" but never recorded it. Frey heard it, loved it, completed Browne's unfinished second verse and, later, with Browne's approval, recorded it with the Eagles:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-it-easy-corner-in-winslow-arizona-lives-on/

When I visited Winslow, I chose a corner at random and stood there for a while. Had to do it.

Yeah, I get that mismatched performers doing a show together. Renaissance was the lead act one night and Al DiMeola was the supporting act. DiMeola smoked the house and kicked a$$, then Renaisance came on and nearly put us to sleep. They got booed terribly.

Never saw the Eagles live. Did a lot of their tunes in various bands I played in. One that used to get the crowd cranked was 7 Bridges Road, and of course we had to make sure we nailed that 3 part harmony. As soon as we started...There are stars in the southern sky.... it was on and everybody stood in their chairs. YEAH MAN...WOO HOO....Yadda yadda. You know how that stuff goes. Fun music to play for the right crowd.
Love that song:

[video=youtube;c-q7Mih69KE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-q7Mih69KE[/video]

Back