Theft of trailer at Red Arrow Hobbies.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillCarney

Reaction score
RHA does not post of the forums so they said I could post it. This was on their facebook. Please keep in mind when your buying products from a non dealer. I could not post in the vendor section so posted it here. William

Red Arrow Hobbies January 11 at 6:14pm

ALERT!! We had our trailer stolen sometime in the last several days. It was parked next to our old store and contained thousands of Estes size tubes and thousands of nose cones among lots of other rocketry items. Reward for the return of the trailer with it's contents!

That is terrible news!

If they catch the thief I have a suggested use for some E12s prone to CATO. And I won't need to file a MESS report. OK, maybe a messy report.

Keeps eyes out on eBay for someone mass-selling these kinds of parts.

To be honest, I'm betting the tubes got burned, anything Al scrapped, and the rest dumped or pawned. Trailer theives typically won't risk trying to sell specialized goods... The trailer is the prize, the contents dumped with as little risk as possible.

Want me to post to Tripoli and NAR FB page?

That would be nice. Right now both my NAR and TRA FB adds to their groups is pending.
If anyone has other forums to post please do. The more the word gets out the better.
Red Arrow Hobbies is a small shop and is a great store.
William

This is a subsection of the (now passed) LDRS 34 forums. You may reach more people posting it in an active part of the forum.
A lot of the forums won't allow me to post for some reason. The vendor section was one. If the admin wants to copy my original post to other parts that would be nice. William

That would be nice. Right now both my NAR and TRA FB adds to their groups is pending.
If anyone has other forums to post please do. The more the word gets out the better.
William
Done.

Thieves suck. Let's throw a bit of business to RAH if we can to help them out if possible. I'd guess they would appreciate some revenue to get more stock; however note that they may not have some items if stolen, so be patient/understanding. My :2:

I wouldn't go that far. Some people here feel the exact opposite. However, I am not happy to hear they've been stolen from. That's always a crappy thing to have happen and the thieves deserve to be in prison. Just because RAH screwed me over in business doesn't mean they deserve to be stolen from.

Thieves suck. Let's throw a bit of business to RAH if we can to help them out if possible.
I would be more than happy to do this if I didn't also think that RAH sucks. This is a very small example of treating people the way you want them to treat you, or something like that. He was completely unwilling to help me when I was having issues with his store, with his lack of communication, with his unscrupulous (in my opinion) procedure of taking my money for something he didn't even have in stock and then not telling me it would be delayed, etc. So I'm unwilling to go out of my way to help him.

However, if a great company like Oddl Rockets has issues, I'll do whatever I can as soon as I can to help.

My :2:

Guys let's not get into this argument here. Everyone has their own opinion on every company.

To be honest, I'm betting the tubes got burned, anything Al scrapped, and the rest dumped or pawned. Trailer theives typically won't risk trying to sell specialized goods... The trailer is the prize, the contents dumped with as little risk as possible.

Agreed. My RC trailer was stolen in 2006. It had a 40% Carden Extra inside. Fortunately the trailer and contents were insured.

If there is really any expectation for someone in the hobby to find the trailer if they see it....... it would be nice if someone posted some useful pictures of it.

There is only one person/company in the rocket business who it would be fitting to have their stuff stolen, due to Karma for multiple illegal acts including B&E.

RAH sure doesn't deserve this.

- George Gassaway

Last edited:
for those of you who asked about pictures, town, etc...

I took these shots from Google Street view.. they aren't much to go on, I really don't see any special markings on the trailer and I don't recall him having any on there.
raht4.JPGraht3.JPGraht2.JPGraht1.JPG

The town is Stevensville Michigan. He was located on Red Arrow Highway near exit 23 on interstate 94. With the buildup of newer stores in the area (Meijer, TSC, etc...) the building owner decided to go a different direction. RAH is set up for now in Sawyer, Michigan and no longer on Red Arrow Highway.

Never knew they named the highway after them. That's pretty cool at least. Sucks to get that honor then have to move.

Never knew they named the highway after them. That's pretty cool at least. Sucks to get that honor then have to move.

To clear things up.. It was called Red Arrow Hobbies because he was located on Red Arrow Highway. Red Arrow Highway is a section of old HWY 12 named in honor of the 32nd Infantry.

Gee, that's really too bad.
I was at my trailer place not too long ago buying some new chains and the discussion came up.
The thieves probably snatched the trailer, and dumped the contents so they could resell it. Apparently trailers are a low risk target where you can get quick cash

I've often wondered if wheel locks are the way to prevent this...

I have a ball lock on the nose and you could buy wheel locks.

Thieves suck. Let's throw a bit of business to RAH if we can to help them out if possible. I'd guess they would appreciate some revenue to get more stock; however note that they may not have some items if stolen, so be patient/understanding. My :2:

Just placed my 2nd, recent large order with them, hoping the profit margin helps them out. I enjoy ordering from them from as its brought significant enjoyment to the hobby for me.

RHA does not post of the forums so they said I could post it. This was on their facebook. Please keep in mind when your buying products from a non dealer. I could not post in the vendor section so posted it here. William

Red Arrow Hobbies January 11 at 6:14pm

ALERT!! We had our trailer stolen sometime in the last several days. It was parked next to our old store and contained thousands of Estes size tubes and thousands of nose cones among lots of other rocketry items. Reward for the return of the trailer with it's contents!

Hey Will,

Thanks for posting! Would you be able to list out some of the items stolen? Most important would be odd items (ex. hybrid motor system) or unusual amounts of items (like the thousands of nose cones mentioned earlier). Some of us keep an eye out on Ebay and Craig's list for newly posted rocketry items, so there is a slim chance we may be able to spot something stolen for sale.

Thanks!
Ken

Sorry I did not reply right away. I did not have a list of items. Mostly just tubes and nose cones. Both guys were sick and in the hospital recently.

Latest posts

Back