Holverson Designs intro into RBG's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodRocket

Reaction score
Scored a couple balsa kits today. A Zoomie and a Swinger. Hope to find time to build them. Look like really nice kits.

classic kits.jpg

The zoomie is super easy, and will fly ok. The Swinger is pretty complex, and even with the best instructions in the business is tough to get to fly well. If you can find one, the best flying of the Holverson gliders was the Silver Hawk.

kj

Starlight had the Sparrow and made limited production runs of the Zoomie under agreement with Hoverson. There may be small stashes of both floating around. I shipped most of my excess kits to Red Arrow Hobbies when I closed Starlight. He may have some Sparrows left.
Mr. Bob
Countyline hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

I definitely recommend the Silverhawk! Built one from the Rocketshoppe plans and it puts on beautiful flights with very little ballast needed. A rocket builder of modest skill should have no trouble building it. Only modification I made was changing the cutout for the pod hook to accept a pod I'd already built for my Estes Nighthawk. You might want to upgrade to 1/8" balsa on the wings if you want to fly on a B4-2, which should give you some really terrific flights.

Back