Wildman Mini kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodRocket

Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread to see what everyone is building with these Wildman mini kits. Some place to show them off and share building ideas.

I'm currently building a Mini Intimidator with DD option. Working on getting e-bay together. Will try and get pics over the weekend. Work and other obligations are first. Been working on it slowly since it arrived after the holiday sales.

So feel free to share your Wildman Mini rockets.

See ya,
Rod

Last edited:
I've had a WildChild for a few years. It's probably my "most frequent flyer". Great rocket.
This was back-in-the-day before there were any Wildman Mini kits. It was just the Wild Child. What was cool was that it featured "thinwall" tubing which at the time was unique. It's now a part of the Mini line, but it's been around a lot longer.

I bought a second kit a while later, and kit-bashed it into a dual deploy myself - bought an extra length of airframe and a piece of coupler from Tim, and went from there. Also a great flyer, and one of my first dual deploy rockets. Lots of great/fun flights with that one too.

Here they is:

dzx wild(er) child.jpg Even Gene galler.jpg

No, those aren't the "factory" fin shapes. I pretty much always design/cut/shape my own.

s6

My first was the Wildchild, the second and third are the Mini Darkstar and the Mini Drago.

The Wildchild takes a beating. Though I usually don't hit it hard going up, but it comes down quick on a 12"chute with no issues. I did not over build mine, I build light. I used Proline 4100 epoxy with no internal fillets.

Weather permitting, I will be flying the other two Minis this Sunday, along with my 3"Jart.

Here is my WM mini kit. Specs are pretty much stock kit assembled with rocketpoxy. Perfect flight stratologger with li-po battery. small 3/16 inch welded stainless eye bolts from Unicorn Stainless. Kevlar cords Rest of e-bay stainless from Lowes. Almost ready. Been working on it ever since the sales. Just been too busy at work. Gonna be a fun rocket. Apogee will have streamer. Kit main chute.

I am using four pins to attach the e-bay to the upper section. A single pin for nose cone and single pin for main section. First time doing fillets with the rocketpoxy.

Keep 'em coming, they look great!

See ya,
Rod

wildman mini intiminator dd.jpg

Here is my WM mini kit. Specs are pretty much stock kit assembled with rocketpoxy. Perfect flight stratologger with li-po battery. small 3/16 inch welded stainless eye bolts from Unicorn Stainless. Kevlar cords Rest of e-bay stainless from Lowes. Almost ready. Been working on it ever since the sales. Just been too busy at work. Gonna be a fun rocket. Apogee will have streamer. Kit main chute.

I am using four pins to attach the e-bay to the upper section. A single pin for nose cone and single pin for main section. First time doing fillets with the rocketpoxy.

See ya,
Rod

looks really nice! first mini I have seen with the red tubing, pretty cool

See ya,
Rod
Looks good, Rod. It's begging for clear coat, don't you think?

--Lance.

Back