Tac-9 Parachutes from Giant Leap?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFeller

Reaction score
Does anyone know the specifications of the Tac-9 parachutes from Giant Leap? Either they aren't listed on the website (it seems like they should be) or I just can't find them (quite possible).

Also, any personal experience with these parachutes? I will be using it on a ~fifty pound rocket.

I cannot address the Tac-9, but agree with JD. The SkyAngle is a top shelf chute. I also use a Cert-3 XL for my 45 pound rocket. Chris at Chris' Rocket Supply got it for me promptly and is a great dealer.

https://www.b2rocketry.com/Cert-3.htm

I have both. Both very good. Personal preference is the Skyangle cert-3.

I used a TAC-9B (fairly certain it was the B) for the main on my (roughly 60 lb total) L3, but brought the nose in separately (about 15 of that). Great chute, a little bulky if you are used to more standard chutes, but I always give myself plenty of space so it wasn't an issue.

I can't find info on the recon chutes, and believe me I've looked... No decent rates, found a couple pics, but no idea how they are measured to estimate myself, just "up to xx lb rocket, and that's not even there for all of them. I was thinking of asking in person at Red Glare, I assume he'll be there...

Does anyone know the specifications of the Tac-9 parachutes from Giant Leap? Either they aren't listed on the website (it seems like they should be) or I just can't find them (quite possible).

Also, any personal experience with these parachutes? I will be using it on a ~fifty pound rocket.

I used a Tac9-C for my cert flight and flights after in my 10" Nike Smoke which weighs in right at 70 lbs. I also used the GLR deployment bag and I just Love the way they work together. If I recall the descent rate was right at 25fps with the 5 foot drogue added in.

All that's listed is one weight with no decent rate, and not even that on the 80 inch...

21lbs is the max for 60". 50" max is 12lbs so there is your range for 60". Anything above that is 80". For upper limit on 80" call Wildman--no more than 2 min. on the phone and you have your answer.

Back