NARCON 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
Who is going to NARCON this year? I went last year and it was fun. I was planning on this year, but it is a good deal farther for me and timing may not be on my side.

I'm going but I'm frustrated at the lack of information, I don't know if there is anything I need to sign up for, register for etc....

Frank

Funny you should ask. Was just in the process of looking at flights. Have to travel that week for business, trying to arrange a two-day stopover at the end of the trip. :)

I'm going but I'm frustrated at the lack of information, I don't know if there is anything I need to sign up for, register for etc....

Frank

I hear ya. Only thing listed for Saturday Day is the hours for the museum. Which will be cool, but that's not my primary reason for attending.

So whats up with NARCON?

I live about 2 1/2 hours away. I haven't been to NARCON for a loooooooooooong time.

I'd really would like to go, but the lack of details, descriptions of talks, and what seems like a general "informal" attitude about the event is scaring me off. I guess if you have been to a recent NARCON, that would be OK. But I haven't and really don't know what to expect.

The website just isn't selling the event. It looks like some clipart and copy/pasted text.

In short, is it basically dinner on Friday, some discussions late afternoon on Saturday, and nothing on Sunday?

Ted discussed this in the latest NAR newsletter. And it looks like the website has fleshed out a bit. But, yes, seems like we're to entertain ourselves at the Air Force Museum during the days. Although the town hall meeting is Sunday AM to facilitate early departures.

I even wanted to present a talk, but gave up after what felt like lack of interest. Instead I will be attending a local event for my industry, with no rockets for the weekend.

Registration is now available for dinner and entrance, I still don't see any info or signup for any special tours etc...

AND I tried to add the dinner and it didn't do anything, then added my registration, took me to my main paypal page but no other info came up for paypal, so it is broken.........

Frank

Last edited:
I was going to go until they waited so long to introduce the speakers and topics. I was also thinking about attending as a vendor, but don't like the emphasis on this event seemingly being scheduled around the eRockets open house each day. That seems to be the reason for this NARCON- more so than the educational sessions or vendor hall which would appear to be non-existent. I have nothing against Randy, but think that the commercial aspect of this particular NARAM is out of balance.

Back