1.5 Billion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a better chance of winning the lottery than finding anything rocketry-related in the Watering Hole these days.

That's what I just heard. Last night I'd only heard CA. I guess splitting 930 million three ways still isn't so bad...

Chino Hills isn't far from where I live.... yeah 3 winners. I haven't checked my tickets yet. Actually got in a pool with 21 people at work. It was fun, but what we should remember is that pot will build up again maybe not that big, but it will get there...we all have to keep playing:) Who knows really any of us can win...it starts with buying a ticket. It's fun and exciting to be a part of it.

What a bummer. I only won $4. My next C6-5 flight is covered, I guess.

Really though, the news is talking a lot about it still. My interest in following the story goes to zero when the jackpot is split. When split, it's not even the biggest payout in US history. I'd still be interested if one person was going to be an instant billionaire.

I actually managed to score two tickets (Mom bought them). Had I won, I'd be flying back to the US for a while (I'd still come back (as a tourist/student)), but I wouldn't be teaching EFL for a living.

That said, it was fun to dream.

My son lives 3 blocks from the 7-Eleven and I shop in that area almost every weekend. I buy gas at the ARCO across the street. I've never set foot in the 7-Eleven, but I've been in the Jack In The Box behind it.

Chino Hills isn't far from where I live.... yeah 3 winners. I haven't checked my tickets yet. Actually got in a pool with 21 people at work. It was fun, but what we should remember is that pot will build up again maybe not that big, but it will get there...we all have to keep playing:) Who knows really any of us can win...it starts with buying a ticket. It's fun and exciting to be a part of it.

Actually I thought this would be funny. Move into a ritzy high class neighborhood and hire a bunch of circus clowns to hang out in front of your house just screwing off, juggling, making clowns noises. Just to piss off neighbors. Of course I'm talking about 50-75 clowns. Lmao

I remember a math teacher using eth lotto to explain significant digits & the true meaning or 0 (zero) and 'Null'

"If I buy a lotto ticket, I have 0 chance of winning. If I don't buy one, I have null chance..."

He did go into percentages & such.. A saw a few eyes open up with the analogy..

It is 1,000 times more likely that you'll die on the day of the lottery than winning anything above a million dollars in the Powerball lottery.

This was the first jackpot win since the commission changed the rules and made the odds and the jackpot higher.

It's a good way to get more income. It doesn't keep someone from winning. Somebody still wins. More tickets are bought with increased interest in the jackpot. 3 people won this time, and it's amazing nobody won when it was 900 or so million, since they said 85% of the combinations had been covered by ticket sales on that drawing.

In one way, it would be a better strategy to play the 40, 60, 80 million jackpot drawings. Same odds, and if you luck out and win, you'd get less hounding on a national scale, and you'd still end up with enough money to buy anything you want for life.

Top, that's so cool it's insane...
That site read like a commercial for missile systems...
Must be an awfully expensive thing to test...lol...

Teddy

Latest posts

Back