Tractor Rocket, not a vertical launch situation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I received the following request through our club's website:
I need to do a proof of concept test pulling a 7 kg rope out a minimum 15 m and ideally more - but not more than say 100 m.
Do you know anyone interested in selecting the rocket and making up the attachment? We need this pretty quick. I can do it, but would rather have help
As tractor rockets fall outside the NAR Safety Code, there isn't much our club can do directly to help out but I figured there may be some folks here that have dabbled with such a scenario.
If you have anything you can contribute, please respond here or PM me.

The contact info the inquirer gave me comes back to a legit company in our state so this isn't somebody just looking to embarrass themselves on You Tube.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited:
Building a MCLC?:wink:

[video=youtube;DPksH_CRHnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPksH_CRHnI[/video]

something along the lines of your basic harpoon gun would likely be easier to build :).
Rex

Thanks to all who replied or even looked at this thread.
I spoke with the fellow who asked me about this and passed along the info above; he was already familiar with these systems and has applied some of them and similar things.
He was looking for something that didn't fall neatly into the published data for the existing products.
We had a nice chat about this and another program but due to the competitive nature of the business he's in, I can't say anything on an open forum.

Thanks, again.
Kenn

Back