hello :)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamna86

Reaction score
Hello I am new member in this forum. Since my childhood I loved the missiles games and I was hoping that one day Create a missile and then try it. Leafing through the day and through the Internet, I found some software that provides this purpose, but I do not know the most useful, interest or easy for beginners. I want to ask you because you are the experts in this field: How do I start first, then any programs used? Are there educational videos? Is there a theory of information should I learn before starting the design? I hope my answer in everything brings me to the work and the experience of the rocket .. how much I Mottagms for this thing

Hello new member & welcome. Remember 1 thing - we build rockets, not missiles!

Are you talking about Open Rocket or some other design software? If so, may I suggest building a couple skill level 1 kits to get a feel for it. If you are all ready good with your hands, you can move up to more challenging builds rather quickly, just be sure that you have the correct ground support equipment for your rockets when you launch.

All the while, you can download Rocksim files and open them in Open Rocket and play around with the design. The folks here on TRF are very helpful and can help you through any questions that you may have. You can search most OR questions that you may have and find that the info is already there.

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the forum. I Agree it will be most helpful if you build a couple skill level 1 or 2 model rockets before attempting to design a scratch built model of you own.
It would also be most helpful if you either buy or borrow a copy of "The HandBook of Model Rocketry" by G. Harry Stine. Any Edition will do no matter how old as the Basic information on Stability and aerodynamic forces will not change:)

Most of us here on TRF are here to pass on as much knoweldge as we can to others. There is a tremendous amount of BAD info out there on the internet. We try very hard to give good solid answers to Rocketry questions.

Welcome to the forum. I Agree it will be most helpful if you build a couple skill level 1 or 2 model rockets before attempting to design a scratch built model of you own.
It would also be most helpful if you either buy or borrow a copy of "The HandBook of Model Rocketry" by G. Harry Stine. Any Edition will do no matter how old as the Basic information on Stability and aerodynamic forces will not change:)

Most of us here on TRF are here to pass on as much knoweldge as we can to others. There is a tremendous amount of BAD info out there on the internet. We try very hard to give good solid answers to Rocketry questions.

+1 all of what Micromeister has to say, John is one of our most experienced builders, especially of LPR (low power rocketry, A-D motors). Welcome to TRF if you have a question we will try and answer it, however be aware that our answers are in accordance (or should be) with the Model Rocketry Safety Code, and the NAR/TRA codes for high power rocketry. We may not always agree on the best way to do a particular thing but safety is foremost. There is a lot of knowledge here to be accessed, with regards to the search engine on the tool bar, it sort of works, the Advanced Search works pretty well.

Welcome!

Yes, rocketry will give you a great experience, but you should start at basics and learn as you progress.

Plus don't forget that we try to get our rockets back rather than shoot them down/blow them up in the sky ala Missile Command! :wink:

Back