• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ESTES SR71 SALE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrarick

Wildman CT
Reaction score
Ok, so a couple of people have asked me for sr-71's because the word got out I had some.

here's the cost:

the rocket was 26.79 originally. Given my average purchase price, I'd let them go for 25 even. The hardest part is the shipping. I finally got around to hunting down a flat rate box that would work. USPS has one that will fit two rockets for 15.80. So, to make it easier for me and you, shipped priority anywhere one is 41 or two for 66. If you have a idea how to ship it cheaper, I'm up for suggestions. I just ordered 10 boxes, so when they come in I can ship.

You can pm me for a address for money orders and if I must, checks.
Paypal charges 2.9% plus 30 cents, so if you go that route, 42.49 for one or 68.22 for two.
they will come in a priority mail flat rate large game box, and i'll fill with peanuts.

I can start shipping saturday. my weeks get hectic quick so I don't know when I'll hit the PO after, it probably won't be until the following friday

I have a fairly large box of them and will notify all when they're out.
first dibs (cause they asked)
woody's workshop
rharshberger
ericlindinst.

Not only is there the expense involved, but then there's the altitude issue...

"Yea though I Fly Through the Valley of Death ..I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing!"

Sounds like a great deal
on a seriously sweet kit Rick......
Very cool.......

Teddy

down to 10 left.

forgot to post my paypal is [email protected]

I was asked why. it was actually pretty easy. I had heard that it was going OOP so I bought a lot. Then I saw the threads and people wanting them.
I looked at stupid ebay and saw them posted for 3-4 times the list price and decided "the guys on this forum are my friends, or friends of my friends. I have what they want and there's no reason to price gouge a friend.
So I decided to sell at what it cost me to get them.
So here we are!

Enjoy!

down to 10 left.

I was asked why. it was actually pretty easy. I had heard that it was going OOP so I bought a lot. Then I saw the threads and people wanting them.
I looked at stupid ebay and saw them posted for 3-4 times the list price and decided "the guys on this forum are my friends, or friends of my friends. I have what they want and there's no reason to price gouge a friend.
So here we are!

Enjoy!

Very cool of you Rick! :clap:

From what I recall, this summer on ebay they went for as much as about $75 + shipping and prices averaged around the $55 + shipping range, so this is under half that summer price. Should make a nice winter build. I heard some had good results after modding to 24mm D motors.

Incidentally I briefly met a former SR71 pilot this past summer during a tour of the Udvar-Hazy center in VA ("companion facility to the Museum on the National Mall in Washington, DC"): https://airandspace.si.edu/visit/udvar-hazy-center/

Really incredible plane and also a fantastic aerospace museum to visit (thanks to CrazyOB for the reco!).

PM and funds sent.
Very cool of you to share these with us.
I worked near these while stationed on Okinawa and have been fascinated ever since. Now I can have one of my very own.!!
Again, thank you.

down to 10 left.

So here we are!

Enjoy!

I remember buying them for around $12-13 at one time, but that was a few years back. I think it was hobbylinc or AC Supply? Not sure actually it might have been Michaels getting rid of old stock

PayPal funds sent for 2. Thanks. Ignore PM duplicates.
My 8YO nephew should love them (once I build them).
Jim

Very cool of you Rick! :clap:

From what I recall, this summer on ebay they went for as much as about $75 + shipping and prices averaged around the $55 + shipping range, so this is under half that summer price. Should make a nice winter build. I heard some had good results after modding to 24mm D motors.

Incidentally I briefly met a former SR71 pilot this past summer during a tour of the Udvar-Hazy center in VA ("companion facility to the Museum on the National Mall in Washington, DC"): https://airandspace.si.edu/visit/udvar-hazy-center/

Really incredible plane and also a fantastic aerospace museum to visit (thanks to CrazyOB for the reco!).

I actually seen one go last fall for over $122 + Shipping. They are coming back down now, $60 is about the lowest you can snag one on ebay for now.

Oh, and PM Sent on 2 you spoke of earlier.

Last edited:
I PM-ed for 2 too.

I never completed building mine when I was a kid. Thanks for the opportunity to finish it now.

Ok, don't have a lot of time. Just did 7 more so I'm down to 3 but my pm box is pretty full. I've sent payment instructions to a few people, please pay today. Tonight I'll finish the box and get the last ones done. If you haven't already paypaled me or I've responded to you, please hold tight! I;'ll do people in the order of my pm box. then I'll update you guys on where we are.

Sorry I don't have a hundred more.

Rick

Every rocket has a box. There are some pending funds, so if you PM understand i'll give people until 6 pm on friday the 15th to pay before we change them:

Shipping Priority mail tomorrow
W. Marchant
B.DeBoef
T. Mauslby
J. Powell
APmonkeys.net
M. Seguin
Pickup at META
K. Liu
B.Kochis
Sold pending funds
Jim VT
Jpoehlman
P Rudin
Sold pending funds - longer term hold because he's on his honeymoon
Ericlindist

sorry but my box is empty....

You didn't get my second PM regarding payment? Are they all spoken for?

Oh, missed it by...I don't have any idea how much, but missed it none the less. Good sale on a tough get, good of you to do it.

Oh, missed it by...I don't have any idea how much, but missed it none the less. Good sale on a tough get, good of you to do it.

Looks like I got one of the last one's Chris. I might tap you for some of your fine finish skills for this one at a DARS launch some day. Looking forward to reliving the memories of this one!

Thanks cbarick for sharing your inventory. Funds have been send and PM with details.

Looks like I got one of the last one's Chris. I might tap you for some of your fine finish skills for this one at a DARS launch some day. Looking forward to reliving the memories of this one!

Thanks cbarick for sharing your inventory. Funds have been send and PM with details.

You should talk to Sam. He has a sweet triple cluster one. I believe it is 24 in the center and 2x18 outboard. I was going to pick his brain for noseweight amd technique on one like his.

If you're buying more than one CLUSTER one of them, it's easy!

Build it stock then all you need are a couple of engine blocks, a little additional weight for the nose and enlarge the tail cones slightly. Leave enough sticking out of the tail cones you can get spent engines out, about 1/4". I made 2 vent holes at the front of the nacells and let mine kick out, only the core has a chute. The last thing you install are the tailcones. You'll need them to test fit before gluing.nl4_2.jpgnl4_1.jpg

Verna
www.vernarockets.com
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HHJHOK6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O14ET8K/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
https://www.facebook.com/RocketBabeDustStorm

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, even if you only have one, and especially if you only get 1, why not clone it? It's easy enough with the instructions and parts right there for a template. You can even get the nc and tail cones from David at Sirius. https://www.siriusrocketry.biz/isho...6b440ce6bd1316349b8d62261b&keyword=sr+71+cone

If they're out of stock, email them and ask how many he needs to make a batch, then order enough to make it worth his while. Surely there is enough interest in just this thread to do a group thing. When I sent a BSG Viper to be cloned in order to build 10 of them, that was a batch right there and additional cones were produced for stock so others could get one too. Same deal here. David already has the mold and for many other kits.

Verna
www.vernarockets.com
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HHJHOK6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O14ET8K/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
https://www.facebook.com/RocketBabeDustStorm

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back