Rocket Sleds (short video)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbecks

Reaction score
Me and my wife had some extra rocket motors lying around and decided to make rocket sleds with them with no knowledge of how. I at least found out, through these forums, that a guide is probably a good idea. See what happens when you decide your smarter then that and can design a rocket that doesn't need a silly guide. Sorry for the poorly put together video I didn't have good footage to rely on. (if this is the wrong place for this please move it)

[video=youtube;3hoD96IC-tc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hoD96IC-tc[/video]

Me and my wife had some extra rocket motors lying around and decided to make rocket sleds with them with no knowledge of how. I at least found out, through these forums, that a guide is probably a good idea. See what happens when you decide your smarter then that and can design a rocket that doesn't need a silly guide. Sorry for the poorly put together video I didn't have good footage to rely on. (if this is the wrong place for this please move it)

The only problem is YOU don't know what your doing and apparently are unaware if is Also completely illegal. The Guide wire is the only way anyone can use model rocket motors horizontally along the ground.
If the guys in the Black SUV's haven't visited yet I'm sure the will. If I were you I'd take all these videos down Immediately.

The only problem is YOU don't know what your doing and apparently are unaware if is Also completely illegal. The Guide wire is the only way anyone can use model rocket motors horizontally along the ground.
If the guys in the Black SUV's haven't visited yet I'm sure the will. If I were you I'd take all these videos down Immediately.

Please show me the law? (living in Canada).

Where in your video do you identify the fact your in Canada? Don't you think kids seeing these BAD idea videos will think "Hey; he did it. So it must be OK. Which it is Absolutely NOT violating both the NAR Sport Safety code and more important NFPA-1127. I Really don't give a Rat's rosey red butt where you are! your doing damage to our hobby by showing such unsafe and potentially dangerous things to the masses.
On your land, Flying in as much isolation as possible I don't care what you do. BUT don't you dare show such irrresponsible Crap to unknowing young people.
Take these videos down or I intend to report you to the mods and the authorities.

I'm not going to get into an ethics argument here. I am with-in the law as far as I know. If moderators from this web site say I have broken the rules they have put in place I will take it down and obey the sites rules. Other than that I will keep doing what I do.

Last edited:
Continue to have fun. There are some safety trolls on this site that spout all kinds of inaccurate information as if it is fact.

Continue to have fun. There are some safety trolls on this site that spout all kinds of inaccurate information as if it is fact.

thank you Titan, I believe I have done nothing wrong. Especially since the video in question even says that I learned a lesson to make sure the rocket sled has a guide.

[video=youtube;3hoD96IC-tc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hoD96IC-tc[/video]

Where in your video do you identify the fact your in Canada? Don't you think kids seeing these BAD idea videos will think "Hey; he did it. So it must be OK. Which it is Absolutely NOT violating both the NAR Sport Safety code and more important NFPA-1127. I Really don't give a Rat's rosey red butt where you are! your doing damage to our hobby by showing such unsafe and potentially dangerous things to the masses.
On your land, Flying in as much isolation as possible I don't care what you do. BUT don't you dare show such irrresponsible Crap to unknowing young people.
Take these videos down or I intend to report you to the mods and the authorities.
Calm down. NFPA 1122, 1125 and 1127 applies to hobby rocket powered missiles, not rocket sleds. There are no federal laws prohibiting rocket sled in the US that I am aware of, and the OP is in Canada so US laws do not apply. One might suggest, and the OP found out, that a guide rod and preferably a guide wire should be required when using a rocket sled.

I'm closing this thread before it goes south.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back