Upstate Research Rocketry Festival 3 - RAFFLE SCHEDULE POSTED - CC taken on site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The vendor list for URRF 3 is growing, be sure to check it out. Also, feel free to post a comment on the URRF home page. (Nothing derogatory or inappropriate please)

Last edited:
The vendor list for URRF 3 is growing, be sure to check it out. Also, feel free to post a comment on the URRF home page. (Nothing derogatory or inappropriate please)

Riley,,
I think the website is lookin fantastic,,
the layout is nice,,
and it's easy to navigate...
There are so many pic's it's insane,,
it's almost like you've got some kooky photographer
that has an autowinder on his camera that sounds like a 1 1/2 HP 240V. AC motor....lol...

Teddy

There are so many pic's it's insane,,
it's almost like you've got some kooky photographer
that has an autowinder on his camera that sounds like a 1 1/2 HP 240V. AC motor....lol...

Dood that guy is nuts. ;)

URRF registration is OPEN! go to https://urrf.us/register

Early bird price is $40 until April 1st. After April 1st ticket price is $45 then $50 at the field. Payment is via PayPal, but you can use a CC without a PayPal account.

We will be opening up the merchandise sales and the volunteer list at a later date... stay tuned...

OK, I booked a place to stay. My first "national launch", and my first HPR launch in summer! Whoot! The wifey is also coming to enjoy the wine and countryside.

Its in the calendar! Fingers crossed that my thesis presentation is in July and not June!

Matt

OK, I booked a place to stay. My first "national launch", and my first HPR launch in summer! Whoot! The wifey is also coming to enjoy the wine and countryside.

Many cool places to visit nearby. Like waterfalls and hiking?

I gotta decide what to do. I have another event on Saturday. So probably can only attend for one day:cry:

Better day for me would be Sunday, but probably would have more flying time on Friday...

I gotta decide what to do. I have another event on Saturday. So probably can only attend for one day:cry:

Better day for me would be Sunday, but probably would have more flying time on Friday...

I'm sorry to hear this Les...
You will surely be missed....

Teddy

Many cool places to visit nearby. Like waterfalls and hiking?

Yes. Waterfalls and glens. We have done Letchworth, Treman, Taughannock, Ithaca, and Watkins Glen in the past. Buttermilk is still on my to-do list. Any others I am missing?

And wine. Did I mention wine? :wink:

Guys... Guys... GUYS...

Let me tell you a little something.

Sure, there are wineries... Beautiful scenery... Rockets... But you have to try Rochester's famous meal.... The GARBAGE plate.... Do it. You won't regret it. I have contemplated many times a flight to Rochester just for one of these.... Ugh... Someday.

Wow,,
My wife and I would love all of this stuff,,
but how do you find the time...
I like hanging out at the launch all day..

Teddy

You'll have to make a week out of it...

Also worth pointing out for those rocketeers that are aviation buffs, not too far away on Keuka Lake is where Glen Curtiss did a lot of his early work. Naval aviation essentially started there. The Curtiss Museum is on the south end of the lake, in Hammondsport. Look for the mounted C-46 Commando on Rt 54.

https://www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org

Last edited:
I sure wish we could Rick,,,
but life calls.... lol...

Teddy

Guys... Guys... GUYS...

Let me tell you a little something.

Sure, there are wineries... Beautiful scenery... Rockets... But you have to try Rochester's famous meal.... The GARBAGE plate.... Do it. You won't regret it. I have contemplated many times a flight to Rochester just for one of these.... Ugh... Someday.

I have (eventually) regretted EVERY garbage plate I've ever eaten ;)

moreso in regard to the condition I was in when I've eaten a plate, and the resulting.... results.....

We have an update to send out for URRF! If you don't alraedy know registration is open, you can register at URRF.us/register.

Early bird price is $40 until April 1st. After April 1st ticket price is $45 then $50 at the field. Payment is via PayPal, but you can use a CC without a PayPal account.
URRG members paid for 2016 get $5 off all registration fees. If you would like to join or renew your membership with URRG go to URRG.us/join
The volunteer sign up sheets are up and running at URRF.us/volunteer.

This year we are doing somehting different. Every 2 hour volunteer shift worked will receive a $10 gift card that can be used at ANY onsite URRF vendor! This is a great way to get some extra cash for supplies at the field!

See you at the field!
The URRG and URRF Team!

I always wonder what the high range fees are used for. $40-$50 seems like a lot. For 25 years in HPR, I've never paid anything near that unless it was a national event.

I always wonder what the high range fees are used for. $40-$50 seems like a lot. For 25 years in HPR, I've never paid anything near that unless it was a national event.

This year we bumped the price $10 and offer a $10 gift card per shift for volunteering. This should help increase the number of people willing to volunteer and also provides a way for those who may struggle with the registration price to help offset it. It's also a small thank you for all the work people do to make these events happen.

Last year it was $ 30 then went to 35 and Then more at registration

This year if your an URRG member its only $ 35 if you sign up before April 1.

Its been open only 8 hours and there are 68 volunteer spots filled already.

We are planning some nice raffles as well. Cash prizes for vendors on the field instead of winning what you didn't need.

What's nice about this is people can spend the money with the vendor of there choice and on what they want. For many years the same few work all these events win nothing and when they get burned out the event dies.

For those short on funds sign up for a few and fly for free if you like.

Its a winner for the club the flyers the vendors and the health of the Hobby.

Back