Upstate Research Rocketry Festival 3 - RAFFLE SCHEDULE POSTED - CC taken on site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Team. There are still some positions open for Range Duty get registered and grab some URRG cash for the on site vendors. Hearing bits and pieces of the Raffle line up. The raffle tickets are 12 for $10 pre event. On the field they are 1 for 1. You wont be disappointed.

A couple questions:

1) How is parking going to be handled? Preassigned like LDRS34, or will it be first come, first serve? I didn't see an answer when that came up before.

2) Is there any reason preventing attendees from having their own garage (tent?) sales going on, though not official vendors? I ask because I'd like to thin out the pile a bit, and this is a perfect opportunity...

A couple questions:

1) How is parking going to be handled? Preassigned like LDRS34, or will it be first come, first serve? I didn't see an answer when that came up before.

Other than some reserved space for major vendors and spots for the committee parking will be first come first served.

2) Is there any reason preventing attendees from having their own garage (tent?) sales going on, though not official vendors? I ask because I'd like to thin out the pile a bit, and this is a perfect opportunity...

I don't see an issue with this as long as it doesn't conflict with your volunteer slots you signed up for. But I'm sure if there is any other issue with this someone else will get back to you.

:):):)

I like the idea of selling off a few can you PM me when you plan on putting the stuff out so I can see it first. LOL all Good.

I need to thin out my fleet as well but rockets in my head keep talking to me.

And we have our Raffle Lineup started! On top of the vendor gift cards we will be raffling, the vendors are offering some fantastic kits!

First up we have some MAC Performance kits-

3" Scorpion with a 38mm mount
Scorpion_015b7ba5-b289-4d08-8328-8b3288de0e62_1024x1024.jpg

3" Arcas Dual Deploy kit with a 54mm mount
Photo_ARCAS_1024x1024.jpg

And a 4" 3FNC with a 38mm mount
3FNC_Out_1024x1024.jpg

Performance Hobbies will have the next few kits in the Raffle-
4" LOC V2
loc4v2.jpg

5.5" LOC Big Cletus
PK-83-BigCletus-webtable-4-fin.jpg

and a 5.5" Mini Magg
locminiemagg.jpg

Wildman is also kicking in to the party and donating a DEMON 98 kit with 54mm mount!

demon98.jpg

All vendors will be on site with trailers full of gear. Please call them up and order a pile of motors to pick up without having to worry about Haz-mat or shipping delays.

URRF is just 5 weeks away! If you haven't already, get on the website and register! Get your T shirts ordered so we can bring them to the field. You can also get discounted raffle tickets online! Make sure you sign up for a volunteer position or two so you can get some extra $$ for vendors.

Last edited:
Great LINE UP Riley. Ken Allen, Mac Performance and Wildman really did us right with those. I am grabbing tickets early on line they are 12 for 10 bucks prior to the event. Don't forget to sign up for range duty and get your URRG cash for spending with the vendors on the field. 8 kits three days I like it.

Those are some great raffle prizes. I wouldn't mind that LOC V-2 myownself. Now, to be clear, how many raffles are there planned to be?

I'm excited about the raffle line-up so far..... I love all those kits.

A full list of the Vendors that will be onsite- https://urrf.us/vendors/

Both Kenny at Performance Hobbies and Tim at Wildman will be on site with motors, and we're very happy to have them both. Use the chance to skip the hazmat and stock up for the summer.

See ya at 18K

I'm excited about the raffle line-up so far..... I love all those kits.

A full list of the Vendors that will be onsite- https://urrf.us/vendors/

Both Kenny at Performance Hobbies and Tim at Wildman will be on site with motors, and we're very happy to have them both. Use the chance to skip the hazmat and stock up for the summer.

See ya at 18K

Teddy from One Bad Hawk will be there with recovery gear and LOKI MOTORS in stock! He was also one of the first vendors to offer up raffle prizes, we'll be adding more prizes to the list soon!

Teddy from One Bad Hawk will be there with recovery gear and LOKI MOTORS in stock! He was also one of the first vendors to offer up raffle prizes, we'll be adding more prizes to the list soon!

:facepalm: Sorry Teddy! I haven't had my morning coffee yet! (yes it's 2pm...) :facepalm:

Now I'm debating whether I have time to build something new prior to URRF - I've been collecting up pieces for a 2.6" upscale of the Estes Orbital Interceptor. It would be a great place for a first flight. Hmm, I've got a month, right? Sounds like a lot of time!

I am hearing this 5.5 inch kit from Ken Allen is on the list in place of the SS29.

LOC V2 PK-85

Height: 47.6 Weight: 54 oz. Diameter: 5.5″ Single motor flights to over 5000 ft. Sample Motor Selections H*-I* J *29mm requires MMA-3 Adapter (not included) Some motor styles may require adapter. Kit Features Include: 38mm motor mount tube…
IMG_20160522_170049_475.jpg

Shirt sales will be closing on June 10th. They have been selling very well! If you haven't already, get on the URRF website and order your shirts! https://urrf.us/shop/ These are nice quality shirts, printed locally in NY, and delivered to you at the field. Prices starting at $16 for regular T's up to XL!
Vegas-Gold-Front.png
LtBlue-Pocket-T-Front.png
Pistachio-Back.png

Tried to buy a T-shirt today, but the store wouldn't allow me to pick my size (Large). Does that mean the T's have already been procured and there are no more in my size available?

Tried to buy a T-shirt today, but the store wouldn't allow me to pick my size (Large). Does that mean the T's have already been procured and there are no more in my size available?

I do have a slight lag when I select options before the "add to cart" button lights up....might be something hanging. I was just able to order a large in every combination I tried. As far as I know they haven't been printed yet, so anything should be available

Last edited:
Seems to work. When I put my cursor over some selections the points changes to the "NO" symbol (red circle with line through it). But it still takes the selection when I click, so I guess its OK. Now I just need to pick one of the many great colors you have. Nice to have a choice. Even nicer not to be just stick with white!

Those really are nice shirts guy's...
And it IS nice to have a choice in color,, lol...

Teddy

I just ordered a large shirt myself (and some raffle tickets), so it all seems to work. Its too bad there isn't some sort of hat available as well...

Great prizes indeed, many thanks to our supporting vendors!

Folks, don't forget to sign up for RANGE DUTY! we need to fill 30+ slots yet, and don't forget for each slot you fill, you get a $10.00 card good at any of the vendors, so you can get what you want instead of a pre-determined prize.

Wow. Can't wait. Only 3 1/2 weeks to go. See you all in Potter.

Bob

Matt (NorthWoods) Roy. your welcome to stay at the camp ground with us if you like. Don't know what plans you have. I will bring an extra small tent if your staying. We are at flint creek with a whole bunch of flyers. Let me know. If your bringing the short bus that would work out good as smugglers is setting up a tent for us on Saturday night with a band. We Plan on having some fun there after the launch Saturday. Everyone's invited should be a hay day.

Don't forget to register your BFR on the URRF website- and send in a description and photo for the featured flights page! This is also a research launch, how many plan on flying EX and what ya bringing?

Ok, some progress today. Got my caps from Ed, so I cut some 2x4 to hold my mandrels. I cut down my mandrel pipe into usable lengths. I put 2 coats of car wax on them, but i'm still not happy, so more to follow. I also cut my casting tubes to length and made the mandrel dipping station out of 3 inch pvc pipe (I have a gallon of liquid MANN.) Got the motor all calculated out. Wanted to get the motor made, but I don't get it done. All ready to mix: this friday is D-day for that. Probably spend time this week measuring the bulk stuff out.

Burnsim says 22,696 nsec from the 9,371 grams of propellant......more then I've burnt so far this year.

I can't believe how fast time is going by..
URRF is almost here...
I can't wwait,, this is going to be such a smokin launch...
(git it,,, smokin... aw ferget it )...
I know-- stick to my day job...

Teddy

Ok, some progress today. Got my caps from Ed, so I cut some 2x4 to hold my mandrels. I cut down my mandrel pipe into usable lengths. I put 2 coats of car wax on them, but i'm still not happy, so more to follow. I also cut my casting tubes to length and made the mandrel dipping station out of 3 inch pvc pipe (I have a gallon of liquid MANN.) Got the motor all calculated out. Wanted to get the motor made, but I don't get it done. All ready to mix: this friday is D-day for that. Probably spend time this week measuring the bulk stuff out.

Burnsim says 22,696 nsec from the 9,371 grams of propellant......more then I've burnt so far this year.

That will be awesome- is that the 8" motor you were talking about? What are you flying that in, the Jumbo Darkstar?

Last edited:
Back