Upstate Research Rocketry Festival 3 - RAFFLE SCHEDULE POSTED - CC taken on site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DizWolf

Reaction score
23512218983_951f406e3a_b.jpg

23510772944_3d60dee857_b.jpg

Details to follow, But yes, we are doing it again.

Last edited:
Yay!!!!!!! So looking forward to this! I better send an email to Scott to make sure he has a K830 ready for me.

Sweet! I was hoping you'd fire off another one of those...Really sweet motor....

Cant wait. I think this year camping at Flint Creek Camp Ground might be the way to go. I really like the fact that so many flyers stay there and hang out at night. On 3 day events its really a fun way to go. Being about a 1/2 mile from smugglers Inn and 1.5 from the field is also nice. Make my mind up who is hitting the camp ground this year.

Yippee! I'll be there with a 2 stage Shape Shifter to try out.

Would absolutely love to come, especially since I hope to be Level 3 by then. Last time I stayed at the Canandaigua Inn. Not bad at all.

Oh man,,,
I can't wait for this one....
This is one of the coolest,, most fun launches I attend all year...
This is one of the biggies for me...
An insane amount of flights...
Just a fantastic time all around........

Teddy

Booked!
Molly and I will be there with some old favorites and some new rockets too. I can already smell the onions!

Found these great shots of two of my URRF 2 flights on the URRF.us photo Gallery:

urrf2-2414_23765278219_o.jpg urrf2-2789_24106957356_o.jpg

Currently rebuilding my LDRS 34 CATOed Explorer 3 for another 13,000 foot personal altitude attempt.

P1040347 (Large).JPG

hahahahahahaha,,,,
I'm not sure if it took longer to get the smell of onions
out of my truck or out of my nostrils.....lol...

I'll see you there for sure John,,,

Teddy

Ohhh,,
Davie,, That's right,, I had forgotten,,,
I have a personal best alt coming for that launch as well...
Along with the most Ns ever burned in a load....

Loki Research,,, 76 / 6000 M 2550 LB........

Should be between 14 and 15K.......

Teddy

Anyone wants to see more URRF II pics, go to my Profile and click on my URRF II album.

I'll be there!
Is there an official hotel? Where will the "banquet" be?

I don't believe there will be an official hotel this year. Flint Creek campgrounds is where a good portion of people will be staying, and there's a listing of hotels on the website of varying quality and adventures :)

Being a three day event I don't believe there will be a banquet as there is at LDRS's. We haven't discussed food vendors yet, but I know a BBQ was done in the past on Sat night. And I guarantee Smuggler's will be full of people and stories every night.

Looks like the Viking Resort has shut down indefinitely:

https://www.vikingresort.com/

Might want to remove that from your hotel list. ;)

This is a great field and location. I was at URRF1 and had a blast. Very well run launch.

Thanks for the heads up! Hotels motels and campgrounds are updated with a few new ones and the distance from the field. If anyone has one they recommend that isn't on the list we'll add it.

I really like that SUB-LIME and missed your launch at both URRF2 and LDRS34, I better not miss it this time!

Out of all my HP rockets the Sub-Lime is my favorite. I think it looks cool with its transition from 5" to 4", not just another 3FNC rocket. It was fun to build, needed no painting and flies great. I tend to keep the theme green with green propellant and matching green and black Starchute. The 75mm CTI L645 is my favorite motor for this rocket. I have 3 on order from Wildman. I'm so glad I ditched the 54mm motor mount for the 75 when I built it. That said the 54mm K490 green is great for smaller fields. I'll fly it again on the L645 at URRF 3. I wish RW would come out with a mini Sub-Lime with 4" to 3" transition. I'd buy it up in a snap. (Sub-Sub-Lime? Infra-Lime?) Maybe a yellow version called Lower Lemons (Anyone know the song?)

Cant wait. I think this year camping at Flint Creek Camp Ground might be the way to go. I really like the fact that so many flyers stay there and hang out at night. On 3 day events its really a fun way to go. Being about a 1/2 mile from smugglers Inn and 1.5 from the field is also nice. Make my mind up who is hitting the camp ground this year.

Hey Larry,

Patty and I will definitely be doing the camping thing for URRF3. We'll be staying at the Country Charm Campground. We stayed there a few times last year and really enjoyed it. It's the same distance to the flying field and Smugglers as Flint Creek. Our reservations are already made. Get yours in early, they fill up quick! :wink:

Mike & Patty Crupe
MAC Performance Rocketry

FLY CANVAS!

Last edited:
Will you have a hydraulic tower? I have a good sized project that needs one (and I'm sure I'll team up with my brother from another mother to fly a few other big ones..._)???

At least two. This guy:
19856094298_68cc88e393_b.jpg

20371494333_80ddfb1700_b.jpg

And Paul usually brings his out (on the left. The orange one is under smoke here) -

23837430780_5951b12d01_b.jpg

Here's a shot of both towers- ;)

23506017403_3f8a21e237_h.jpg

Last edited:
Back