Upstate Research Rocketry Festival 3 - RAFFLE SCHEDULE POSTED - CC taken on site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen no mention of "BFR" registration as in the past. Has this gone away or have I missed it? Bill Good has his full scale (well almost) AGM-78 Standard Arm with FIVE of my Mad River White Research white motors and I have CYCLOPS with something Research as yet to be determined.

We've explained to the girls there's a baby inside mommy. Other than the "to die for cute" of them asking the baby to come out and play..... One of the girls pointed to my belly and goes " BAYBEE in-side JOO?"

Yea, so no more beer for awhile. (Pass the wine ;) )

Wow Dave,,
Very cool,
I didn't know you and your wife were having another baby...
Good for you man..
Congratulations...

Teddy

I have seen no mention of "BFR" registration as in the past. Has this gone away or have I missed it? Bill Good has his full scale (well almost) AGM-78 Standard Arm with FIVE of my Mad River White Research white motors and I have CYCLOPS with something Research as yet to be determined.

These sound great! And Yes, they do have to be registered. it is up as of right now... Sorry it wasn't up earlier. go to https://urrf.us/bfr

That sounds like a very cool launch not to miss.

Wow Dave,,
Very cool,
Good for you man..
Congratulations...

Teddy

x2 Dave congratulations, maybe a boy this time, or you're definitely going to need another bathroom.

Wow Dave,,
Very cool,
Good for you man..
Congratulations...

Teddy

x2 Dave congratulations, maybe a boy this time, or you're definitely going to need another bathroom.

Thanks guys :) This will be princess #4. We'll need another bathroom, many more dresses and shoes, and possibly a detached rocketry workshop down the road :)

And to quote a line from one of my favorite movies, "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Thanks guys :) This will be princess #4. We'll need another bathroom, many more dresses and shoes, and possibly a detached rocketry workshop down the road :)

And to quote a line from one of my favorite movies, "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Wow 4 girls plus your wife, I wouldn't want to be in that household 10 years from now...separate rocket shop for sure.

Wow 4 girls plus your wife, I wouldn't want to be in that household 10 years from now...separate rocket shop for sure.

I always laugh when people bring this up.... as if women are sane during the other 3 weeks ;) That said, yea, I may actually build an underground bunker "gleaming the cube" style

Dave, I thought you had 2 now...
You have 3 girls now and this'll be #4 !!!
For the next 18 years never forget---
"We're making wonderful memories that'll last a lifetime"

Lol...

Teddy

Dave, I thought you had 2 now...
You have 3 girls now and this'll be #4 !!!
For the next 18 years never forget---
"We're making wonderful memories that'll last a lifetime"

Lol...

Teddy

I feel sorry for the poor boys his girls will eventually bring home. Dave will be standing at the front door with an assault riffle and that I am going to tear you another one if you touch my kid look!

I feel sorry for the poor boys his girls will eventually bring home. Dave will be standing at the front door with an assault riffle and that I am going to tear you another one if you touch my kid look!

Naw..... I figure a nice, calm conversation over a cup of coffee about respect should settle the matter up nicely.... no need for craziness.

Did I mention I'm building a new coffee table?

long-gun-concealment-coffee-table-furniture.jpg

You might not get the reaction you'd expect...See, when I was a wee lad chasin' skirt I would have thought that was the coolest coffee table ever.

And then I'd bug your daughter to go to the gun range with ya'.

You might not get the reaction you'd expect...See, when I was a wee lad chasin' skirt I would have thought that was the coolest coffee table ever.

+1 Then as they get slightly older, they might want you t o make them a table for their guns!

See, that's the reaction I'd WANT ;)

Naw..... I figure a nice, calm conversation over a cup of coffee about respect should settle the matter up nicely.... no need for craziness.

long-gun-concealment-coffee-table-furniture.jpg

A good friend of mine, Rick N. lives 5 minutes from me..
His daughter was bout 15 and a young man came callin for her one evening..
With his daughter standing on the stairs behind him and the young man in front of him at the open door,,
Rick said -- ( Rick's 6'6" and 260 lbs ) Listen,, I'm too old to pussy foot around,,
let me make one thing clear,, whatever you do to her,, I'm going to do to you....

Rick say's there were 2 great benefits to this approach..
First he got his point across and got a chuckle out of everyone..
Second he got to embarrass his daughter,, he always finds entertainment in that...lol..

Teddy

Love that table. Teach em young to keep there powder dry and brass clean. Teach them to have respect for precious metals. lead, Brass and steel. If you have plenty of those you will always have safety and food no need for gold and chrome don't get you home. My daughter loves shooting and most kids are naturals.

Love that table. Teach em young to keep there powder dry and brass clean. Teach them to have respect for precious metals. lead, Brass and steel. If you have plenty of those you will always have safety and food no need for gold and chrome don't get you home. My daughter loves shooting and most kids are naturals.

Ha,,
That's pretty cool Larry...

Teddy

Is there a deadline before the start of URRF for registering a BFR?

"If you show up with a 5K+ Ns rocket that you have not pre-registered, your flight will be allowed only at the discretion of the L3 RSO’s and the BFR Managers."

No real deadline, but earlier is of course better, as it gives more time to discuss or correct any concerns. Remember the week or two leading up to the event are fairly busy as well.

Am I correct that registration, shirts, and raffle tickets are all separate check outs?

Am I correct that registration, shirts, and raffle tickets are all separate check outs?

sort of... shirts and raffle tickets can be purchased and checked out together. registration is a separate checkout.

A good friend of mine, Rick N. lives 5 minutes from me..
His daughter was bout 15 and a young man came callin for her one evening..
With his daughter standing on the stairs behind him and the young man in front of him at the open door,,
Rick said -- ( Rick's 6'6" and 260 lbs ) Listen,, I'm too old to pussy foot around,,
let me make one thing clear,, whatever you do to her,, I'm going to do to you....

Rick say's there were 2 great benefits to this approach..
First he got his point across and got a chuckle out of everyone..
Second he got to embarrass his daughter,, he always finds entertainment in that...lol..

Teddy

Um, a little caution here. There is a risk of being too restrictive. When I was growing up, a Hispanic father kept an iron grip on the eldest daughter who lived next door to my family with a 9:00 P.M. curfew no matter what. She was babysitting for a family that lived RIGHT across the street and he ran over and grabbed her home at 9:00 PM before the parents returned home. I will say he sent his wife over to watch the kids until the parents arrived.

Girl turned 18 and ran off on the back of some boyfriend's motorcycle and never heard from again for 10 years. When grandchildren arrived, she later reconciled with her father but unfortunately died in a motorcycle crash of a head injury some time after she re-established ties to her parents. There is a prospect of being too extreme with ones children as this case showed.

Oh, the fellow she ran off with was the one she was still married to when she reconciled and later died. She had watched my younger sister, brother and myself one afternoon when my parents were away and was a very beautiful, nice girl. Kurt

Cant wait till URRF 3. The camping at flint creek is going to be fun. Great to hear from all those coming. Sounds like the two hydraulic towers will be busy. Way to much info you guys are killing me.

Well this is a surprise, I had been expecting a thread on URRF 3 to show up on the regional and local events page. I wasn't expecting it to be under National events, but thanks for the upgrade, I'm happy to see it here. I just spent some time reading through all five pages of threads and I wanted to add some thoughts to this group who are following this.

First, As far as BFR's are concerned, Please note that if you're planning to fly anything over 5000 Ns, we want you to register the rocket as a BFR. Also in an effort not to pester the towers with too many call-ins we intend to group the high flyers together to fly once or twice a day as needed. So if you have a flight that you are expecting to need a call-in for over 15K we want you to register it as a BFR too. Thank You.

Second, I have volunteered for the first two shifts of each day as BFR Manager, I will also be helping over see the position but I could use some help as I do have a couple L3 cert flights to help with at the event. So we are looking for some volunteers to help out with BFR Manager in the afternoon of each day. You will need to be a Level 3 flyer and be willing to do a roving RSO for other L3 flights. So if your willing to help please sign up for one of the afternoon BFR shifts. Thank You.

Last but not least, we are running URRF 3 as a Tripoli research launch so research motors are allowed. We also allow air starts and clusters, we even allow NAR only flyers to fly with us as long as they are following NAR Safety rules. Also while trackers are not required they are highly recommended. Also please remember that all research motors are required to fly no more than 90% of the posted maximum waiver, (16200') for research motors. Again, Thank you.

Last edited:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.....
All Dave would have to do is answer the door wearing his USPS uniform and the boys will worry about him going all postal on them........

Lol. you guys slay me :).

Naw, if I do my job right...My little ladies will be more fearsome than I.

maxresdefault.jpg

Dave, just so you know I had to wait until both my girls were in college before I could have a rocket room.

hmmmm. still playing with burnsim. Got a itch for 8 six inch grains. 11% O 5877. 22687 newtons of fun.

Back