Loki Research 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, those who do Research, go check out the specials page, again. I did some editing.

Jason, as you know, all hardware can be EX/Research. Only hardware which has had Loki Research reloads certified in it is considered Commercial hardware. The 76/2800, 76/4800 and 54/1600 have no such commercial certified reloads.

Received the 76/4800 yesterday, looks great! Thanks again Scott!

Preston

Flew my first Loki reload on Saturday, an I377 Tropical Cocktail. Very nice, I can not wait to see one at a night launch.

lift-off-2.jpg

Terry, great photo of your I-377LC. I love it. If you could email me the photo, I'd love to use it on the website please.

Everyone, thanks for an outstanding year. You have kept me extremely busy! Thank you all, customers and dealers alike for your business and support. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a safe New Year this weekend. I am looking forward to another outstanding year to come in 2017. I can not wait. :)

Thank you very, very much.

Terry, great photo of your I-377LC. I love it. If you could email me the photo, I'd love to use it on the website please.

Everyone, thanks for an outstanding year. You have kept me extremely busy! Thank you all, customers and dealers alike for your business and support. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a safe New Year this weekend. I am looking forward to another outstanding year to come in 2017. I can not wait. :)

Thank you very, very much.

Well said....
+1....

Teddy

Flew my first Loki reload on Saturday, an I377 Tropical Cocktail. Very nice, I can not wait to see one at a night launch.

View attachment 307626

That should be the patriotic load - red white and blue - very cool! Reminds me of that " Bomb Pop" popsicle although that would not be a good name for it :).

Nice job Scott

What a busy winter it is and not nearly enough time to get everything done. I am in need of some help with the work load. I have several nozzles that need to be drawn up and properly dimensioned. If you have extra time on your hands, are skilled in making detailed 2D drawings and would like to help out, please send me an email with the days/hours you are available and perhaps attach a few examples of your work. Let me know what you would like in exchange for your time and I'll let you know if you can help. Please, NO PM's, they are to hard to keep track of. Send me an email to Scott at company name DOT communicate. If you are smart enough to figure that out, you just might work out okay. ;-)

Thank you,

Everyone, thank you very much for the emails. I have found several over qualified candidates, but for now I have to choose just one. I will keep all of you in mind for help down the road. I could get several people going at once on different things but it would cause me too much stress. ;-)

I'd like to add, I have be fortunate enough to have had the skills and help of a very sharp and talented person since 2012. He has recently become very busy with a few new business ventures and has not had the time to help out with new projects I have going in the works. He has helped to design and create the drawings for parts such as the new 54mm and 76mm bulkhead styles as well as the new 54mm single use nozzles. Without him, we would not currently have the 54mm L-1040LR, L-2050LW or M-1378LR. I don't know how much he follows this thread, but if you are reading Craig, you have been invaluable to me these past 5 years and I am in your debt sir. Thank you for everything you have done.Everyone, thank you very much for the emails. I have found several over qualified candidates, but for now I have to choose just one. I will keep all of you in mind for help down the road. I could get several people going at once on different things but it would cause me too much stress. ;-)

I'd like to add, I have be fortunate enough to have had the skills and help of a very sharp and talented person since 2012. He has recently become very busy with a few new business ventures and has not had the time to help out with new projects I have going in the works. He has helped to design and create the drawings for parts such as the new 54mm and 76mm bulkhead styles as well as the new 54mm single use nozzles. Without him, we would not currently have the 54mm L-1040LR, L-2050LW or M-1378LR. I don't know how much he follows this thread, but if you are reading Craig, you have been invaluable to me these past 5 years and I am in your debt sir. Thank you for everything you have done.

Could anyone please help me out with a couple measurements from a 54mm extended forward bulkhead? I don't have any Loki Research hardware of my own. Basically I'm trying to figure out the total motor length (not just casing length) of a 54/2800 with the extended forward bulkhead.

(Click for larger.)
Loki Research Extended Forward Bulkhead.jpg

Thanks,
C#2

I just put a caliper on mine - I get 55mm for the dimension "B" in that drawing (measuring from the end of the thumbscrew to the forward end of the case). The case by itself is 726mm long.

An assembled motor will be somewhat longer than that, because of the length of the nozzle, and I don't have a nozzle handy. But another measurement that might help you is that the forward end of the case to the forward surface of the thrust ring is 714mm.

Edit: here's a photo of the extended bulkhead next to the standard one.

2017-01-25 18.40.29.jpg

Last edited:
I just put a caliper on mine - I get 55mm for the dimension "B" in that drawing (measuring from the end of the thumbscrew to the forward end of the case). The case by itself is 726mm long.

An assembled motor will be somewhat longer than that, because of the length of the nozzle, and I don't have a nozzle handy. But another measurement that might help you is that the forward end of the case to the forward surface of the thrust ring is 714mm.

Edit: here's a photo of the extended bulkhead next to the standard one.

View attachment 310238

Thanks Danno. The backstory is I have a rocket sized for a CTI P54-6GXL but I would love to put an L1040 in it and was wondering how much it would stick out the back. The motor mount has a forward bulkhead which I can probably remove, or I can have a plugged forward bulkhead for the motor fabricated (Yes everyone, I know that's 'EX').

I'll try to add to the dimensions tomorrow. I'm buried up to my eyeballs in work right now so there's a chance it could take longer.

New 54mm and 76 mm hardware is at the platers since yesterday, but I had to split up the hardware. The local platers tanks were not big enough for the longest cases so I had to ship the 76/8000 and 54/4000s off elsewhere. I'm hoping that each location is finish by mid next week. Just in time for me to pick my truck up from the transmission shop, again, and then I can drive up and get most of it. Last time was last August 26th. :mad:

All the 54 and 76mm hardware is being plated in type 3 hardcoat. :)

New 54mm and 76 mm hardware is at the platers since yesterday, but I had to split up the hardware. The local platers tanks were not big enough for the longest cases so I had to ship the 76/8000 and 54/4000s off elsewhere. I'm hoping that each location is finish by mid next week. Just in time for me to pick my truck up from the transmission shop, again, and then I can drive up and get most of it. Last time was last August 26th. :mad:

All the 54 and 76mm hardware is being plated in type 3 hardcoat. :)

Any update on when the 54 and 76mm hardware will be back in stock?

What the heck? Where is the Loki Research 2017 thread? I'd start one here if the forum would let me but seeing how I am not a vendor... :)

Regardless, heres a photo to kick off the 2017 Loki thread in the right way:

20170218, 2016-2017, 20170218, Emmet Farnan, Launch, NDRT, Notre Dame Rocket Team, Rocket, Three.jpg

That's the Notre Dame Rocket Team's latest creation for the NASA SLI competition on a L1482. Don't have a name for it yet but is 12' long and 5.5" diameter all carbon fiber airframe. They flew twice this past Saturday. First flight popped the main at apogee which turned out that they weren't using enough shear pins on the main but then the second flight everything deployed perfectly. I cannot recall a rocket flying straighter than that one. It was beautiful.

Edit: Scott, let me know if you want the original to that one or any others. There are a lot more where that came from.

Last edited:
Back