Loki Research 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loki Research

Motor Manufacturer
Reaction score
Nothing like an M motor test to kick off the new 2016 year Loki Research thread. See the youtube description for details.
The new years first work week begins tomorrow!

Enjoy

[video=youtube;OYhatrmtD3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYhatrmtD3Q[/video]

Last edited:
Here's to a year full of health,, wonder,,
and all of the good things life has to offer........

Teddy

Here is a J-320 Loki Red fired today for a QC test. I didn't have the load cell properly calibrated but the thrust curve was excellent.
Ahh rats.... I just remembered I still need to clean the motor up.....

[video=youtube;mMqCQjvEJy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMqCQjvEJy8[/video]

Last edited:
BTW, these Loki Red look WAY better in person. Much more depth and translucence to the flame. Closer to what the the start of the 17 second mark looks like.

Scott video link gives me a blank... BTW to do a YouTube link pick the button on the advanced page and only insert the character string at the end of the share link that YouTube provides. Then you will be able to embed the video into your posts.

Tim, Thanks. I tried that and edited the J-320 video. It still gives me a Youtube link below the video here but it shortened it up a bit now.

Is it working any better for you now? It's been a while since I posted video's and it's not working like I remember. The last time I did try posting something with a video, I only wanted to post the link to the youtube page and no matter what I tried, it showed the little youtube video box on the post. Now it does about the opposite.

[video=youtube;IxCFvcNLZAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxCFvcNLZAs[/video]

M-1650 Cocktail.
When this motor turns on, it's on full bore.

Well what the heck. Now I simply paste the link and it works. :facepalm:

Edit-1
I give...... I'm doing right now the very first thing I tried last night when I made this thread. It wasn't working then, but tonight it is...... oh well, enjoy :)
Edit-2
Thanks for the nudge Tim :)

Last edited:
Dave,,
You got a few great shots of my 4" build "SteamPunk" going up at LDRS...
That rocket ( 2 flight's later ) went up on a M 1650 CT.......
What a load........

Scott,,
I'm not certain about this...
But if you need to burn a load for quality control you may be able to find some volunteers here on the forum.......
Then you wouldn't have to clean the case..........

Yus tryin to help man......lol....

Teddy

That appears to be a Pro75 sticker at the nozzle end.

Just playing around guys There's a lot of people out there who might want to use their AT/CTI hardware for EX use. So I figured why not see how well it works.

Teddy, test stands only for QC testing. ;-) Sorry

That 38mm J 320 is one of my favorites. I flew a number of them last year up here in Des Moines. And you're right about the red, I've never been able to take a photo that does it justice.

Duane Wilkey
TRA 4295 NAR 63416 L3

I take it Loki motors are not in California because they are not CSFM approved? I am very much interested in the 38/120 case.

I take it Loki motors are not in California because they are not CSFM approved? I am very much interested in the 38/120 case.

That is correct. Please call you local, county and state CA officials and tell them how you feel about the $1,500 yearly CSFM licensing fees for out of state hobby motor manufacturers and anything else you'd like to add. :)

I'd like to get some feedback on the Loki Research FB page about the anodizing on the run of 54mm hardware that is currently in production.
https://www.facebook.com/LokiResearch/?ref=br_rs

Please leave your feedback for me there if at all possible. I'd rather not clutter up the new thread with a full page about anodizing.
Thank you :)

Not a FB user (was once but upset my wife because all my friend requests were past female acquaintances/old flames), so answering here... I vote (in fact like) funky colors and definitely prefer Type 3.

I think these guys are type III... Am I correct? If so... go with it. stuff is sweet.

18471030211_0a089587c6_c.jpg

17848557923_d8f764a18d_c.jpg

Yep, those cases are Type 3 Dave, but those were done several years ago at a different plater so the next go around would likely look different, I just don't know how different just yet.

Thanks again Tim.

Cool. Whatever it looks like, it holds up well.

Any chance you wanna stand out and go splash lol :)

4376456629_e1e6374c08_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back