Where can I find a cheap Estes Leviathan?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or, you buy the PSII Scion, plus the slotted lower tube direct from Estes. That gives you all of the parts for a Leviathan, save for the Leviathan face card, for about $35 +ship.

I think it might now be OOP. The price for the ones still available tends to go up at that point. You can make one from available parts, like EXPjawa said.

I've been dying on getting a Estes Leviathan lately, and I wanted to know where the cheapest place to find them is. I found a site called 321rockets, and I am wondering if it is legit and if any of you have ever purchased something from there.

https://www.321rockets.com/estes-leviathan-proseries.html

Thanks!

An alternative is to scratch build one from parts available from Balsa machining service, they sell the T-300 and the PNC-300K (which is an inch or so longer than Estes 3" nosecone). BMS also sells the proper centering rings.

I've been dying on getting a Estes Leviathan lately, and I wanted to know where the cheapest place to find them is. I found a site called 321rockets, and I am wondering if it is legit and if any of you have ever purchased something from there.

https://www.321rockets.com/estes-leviathan-proseries.html

Thanks!

In looking at 321, it says:

Availability:We are sorry, but this item has been
Discontinued

I'd say go with the Scion and the slotted tube idea presented by EXPjawa, and you'll score another large body tube (build a stretch Leviathan)

As of right now, the scion+slotted leviathan lower airframe are 34.98 with free shipping (free shipping at 29.99 seems to still be in effect).

As of right now, the scion+slotted leviathan lower airframe are 34.98 with free shipping (free shipping at 29.99 seems to still be in effect).

Don't forget that you'll want extra couplers if you plan on stretching it too. Yes, I've done that before.

I definitely like the idea of the Scion, but from what I can tell I'd have to buy a Estes body tube for Leviathan fins, and I'd end up with a extra body tube which I wouldn't want to stretch with. I am going to keep an eye on the availability of the Leviathan, and focus on my current build before getting it.

Thanks for the help!

The fins that come with the Scion are Leviathan fins, just put on backwards, that why the package has 4 fins but only uses 3 for the Scion.

You don't NEED to buy an extra tube. You can always cut one of the Scion's tubes down. You would, however, have to slot it yourself. Which isn't (Pardon the pun) Rocket Science.

Leviathan shows in stock for $38.99 at AC Supply Co. It's funny... they have a typo and call it the Leviathon.

And I think we have ourselves a winner!

Don't wait too long though. When Semroc and Baddazz Rocketry went out of business, I waited too long and had a hard time finding the rockets I wanted. You might have an easier time with the Leviathon because it was a higher production product. Good luck!

Doesn't seem to be a valid offer. When i added the leviathan to my cart it kept showing as the mean machine. And in the Pro Series list under the pictures if you click on Leviathan it takes you to the Mean Machine info...weird

If shipping cost isn't crazy, I have a spare new Leviathan kit you could have for $29 plus shipping that might be a good deal.

This is what I got when I tried to order one on ACSUPPLY. Your Mileage May Vary.

2016_01_06_14_21_31_AC_Supply_Co_Shopping_Cart_Contents.jpg

- navigate to the Estes PSII page: https://www.acsupplyco.com/estes/pro_series.htm

- scroll down to part # 9700 Leviathon and replace the 0 in the QTY box on the right with a 1 (don't be greedy! :))

- <enter>

- scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "View Your Shopping Cart" box

You should see something like the picture that I posted above.

Last edited:
AC Supply offers free shipping if the order totals $100.00 or more.

If shipping cost isn't crazy, I have a spare new Leviathan kit you could have for $29 plus shipping that might be a good deal.

When I was selling off my extra PSII kits last year, USPS was about $14 to ship a box that would hold a PSII kit or two.

Just did the numbers after fitting a whole Leviathan kit (minus plastic bag it comes in) in a 38" USPS medium tube. Priority rate 2-day delivery at 1lb 7oz was $12.80. The tube is actually triangular so I think it will hold up well in transit.

RocketryBill didn't bite on my offer so I have one saved for someone else who PM'd me and may have another if anyone is interested.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to order a scion and a Big Daddy tube? Just wondering.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to order a scion and a Big Daddy tube? Just wondering.

Much cheaper. Order a Scion, leviathan fin tube, and a coupler. You have everything you need to make an extended Leviathan or have an extra 3" BT and Coupler. I think all in it is about $40. Get above $85 picking up other kits you want and shipping is free. Building 2 Leviathans this way based on others on the site advising me of this.

Give JonRocket.com a try. That vendor lists the Leviathan for $47.99 and has four in stock. I've placed two orders there and both shipped the next day.

The owner of JonRocket also runs PayloadBay, which has lots of free and very helpful rocketry tools (e.g. printable fin and tube slotting guides). Why not give him your business?

Back