NYPOWER GENESEO NY MAY 28-30, 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My photos are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132724805@N04/albums/72157669194863255 A couple of highlights:
27123226060_9267e2e943_z.jpg

Great shot!

Thank you very much.

Thanks to all our vendors, all of our fliers, and all of our volunteers who helped make this event one of the most successful NYPOWERS in its 20 year history! :)
Even the weather co-operated with lots of sun for all 3 days of the event, with the sole exception of some wind, and rain that cut our launch window short about 1 hour later Sunday afternoon.
The special build and fly events for kids are still being talked about!
Greg

Excellent job Greg. I love that feeling right after an event but before you need to start planning the next one...

That was one good time! Great seeing alot of friendly rocketeers that I only see a few times a year. Had a few good flights & was thankful for dry weather when I was there. Left mid Sunday afternoon. I really like the Geneseo field. Special thanks to Greg Young, Tom Cohen & Bill & Mary Beth Clune for a well run show!

13312789_1012682215483852_1385301165003213799_n.jpg

Cool shot of my "Skunkworks" Talon 4 just after apogee.

Your Welcome and Thank You Glenn, Always a great time! Hope to see you guys soon! Next weekend again in Geneseo and the 25th and 26th at MDRA! Nothing like flying from the mowed grass of sod farm!

I wanted to express my thanks for hosting a great weekend of flying. My son and I saw some amazing flights, ate very well and met some very nice people. I flew sparkies in our Ice King,.. Loc IV, and put up a K454 in an Adventurer 3 with a Binder Design fin can. My sons black and red Warlock went up on a 38mm skid and came down on a Chute Release landing close by. Our low and mid powered launches went well also. Thanks to who ever found and brought back our Lil Grunt on Monday. We were able to bring back everything we left home with. We spent an hour or so at the museum and got the tour. Watching planes take off and land was a nice distraction. My thanks to the help I received breaking down my pop up when the storm hit so quickly Sun afternoon. I was completely soaked in minutes and having that extra hand was a god send. Overall we had a great time, and look forward to coming west again next spring/ summer.

Thanks for participating with us during NYPOWER 20 Glenn!
It was great seeing so many folks taking advantage of the good weather and our grassy field during the holiday weekend.
We are looking forward to maintaining the momentum, and continuing to grow the event. :)
Greg

I did not get a chance to grab any pictures of my launches, but I know some people did as I was approached by two people to say they did. Unfortunately I did not think to ask their names, figuring more pics would get posted. Can everyone that took pics somehow make their pics available or at least say I grabbed pics. Specifically I am looking for my two Tomach flights, one on each day, and my little BaddAzz Hawk mini-missile that I launched Sunday on a e75 Vmax.

Thank you in advance.

I did not get a chance to grab any pictures of my launches, but I know some people did as I was approached by two people to say they did. Unfortunately I did not think to ask their names, figuring more pics would get posted.

Having been on both sides of this conversation far too often, This reminds me I need to make new cards up with my email address on them.

Write on the back of the card, date, time, rocket color and motor type. This will highly increase the odds of getting photos.

Having been on both sides of this conversation far too often, This reminds me I need to make new cards up with my email address on them.

Write on the back of the card, date, time, rocket color and motor type. This will highly increase the odds of getting photos.

That's a great idea Dave! :)
I will just have to plan on that going forward!
Greg

Back