NYPOWER GENESEO NY MAY 28-30, 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYPOWER in May..... Walking barefoot in the lush green carpeted grass and blooming dandelions while peacefully listening to the chirping swallows and catching a whiff of lilacs and three legged pig barbeque....then a friggin loud screaming rocket motor bangs the ears and shakes the ground. Heaven on earth.

+1......

But don't forget the museum,,,
don't forget the antique aircraft museum.......

Teddy

Congratulations on passing your writing L2 test! Looking forward to seeing your successful L2 flight. Now get tooooo building! Times a wasting!!!!!

Last day to pre register for NYPOWER 20, on field registration will $35.00!!!

Hi All, AMW wants to get a group photo at NYPOWER on Saturday with the full scale Patriot. If you want to join in please bring a Red, white or Blue tshirt. see you soon.

I'm leaving home tomorrow morning...
I'd think I can make the run before dark...
I can't wait,, this is going to be a great launch for sure...

Teddy

What a great day! A great crew you ,guys did an awesome job setting up the field thank you! Ready to fly some rockets in the morning!

I'm at the field and set up...
What a beautiful field.....
So peaceful at night...
I don't think it's going to be tomorrow though,,, lol.....

Teddy

DSC_0013-1.jpgDSC_0116-1.jpgDSC_0120-1.jpg

Here are a couple of pics from today. It was a good day for launching rockets. I had a successful 2nd launch of my madcow 1.6" dual deploy frenzy on a g64 to 1459ft. At the end of the day someone had a heck of a Cato to cap off the day. Looking forward to another great day tomorrow.

Cheers

Here's the video from one of my flights yesterday(Saturday)
LOC Big Nuke on a K550.

[video=youtube;a66MXIPhCLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a66MXIPhCLk[/video]

Here's the video from one of my flights yesterday(Saturday)
LOC Big Nuke on a K550.
That was a great flight Brandon!
4iGF1mQwZISHe4-C5w-cBZHMARQSY6xSa7bj9Q4ZWoIrUnzGNX4fhD2s6cThgOjGCq1_P0xqLMIU2AXUUIrYH-s0_aG5ZdsnOQzDsBrTnVf2XhccDW0nqdC9pfxKz3bBtY0Xc0SL1WeDQNaY49MKCII0nlBz91Z5kihaEyHvUVNsxqZNq0zEKO-mLlGK2HuK2HKkh2lV0DWV36co0nEVnceDUgYAICC1CSuXWsldE9GTn5Df03MRJHZAG6M5QUv2H1DM3lX6M4i0b-5LL7sfxWs-gnASWswaEGZ3v3zyywAp3sKFlr3uFw9CKsR8n1T3MeDDVLedrKNuOoTbzB37NzIcCK2-cceMCGrnxCKegGy2fCkxADf3wPUvKKhsK-dhUTXbUR6RqDycJ6o9eV_cngi9rSEhPW8heKNSuvXSExtfzGPmBgC3CMGVpV_AjMdP-t6J5Qvfw8ZDl7sOj9f-84FOwalNVQT2Pb-KXau9Wxi-lO6fDASHZizdhiY6J7bZlkkCojb5ig8DjDGPUHukEWRh3BpdzeD6SBKQ6pAyrUDjuJgku1feClGbalpyZ5EKXZpjd-UyefOA3E1__63RjdISoXIUQqo=w445-h667-no

Was that yours? I managed to catch liftoff at 320 fps. My camera has several slow-mo modes and I wanted to try it out on something cool.

Ignition is about half way through.

[youtube]7CbBziQdafM[/youtube]

What an amazing weekend. I made and passed my level 2 flight. It was my first dual deploy flight as well. I'm quite relieved everything worked out flawlessly.
To top it all off I got super lucky and won the NCR X-Wing.

Thanks to everyone involved with NYPOWER, my family and I had an awesome time. Hope to see you all again in the future.

My son and I won't forget it, our first time watching HPR flights and man, they are LOUD!

Something like this: Why are people plugging their ears from so far awaCHAAAAAOOOOWWW! Whoa! I see!

P.S. Thanks to Bill Clune for certifying me! My wallet has been warned.

Last edited:
NYPower has to be my top ranked event. If love to get back there one day. Looks like some great weather you guys had.

Wow,, what a great launch...
You guy's put on such a wonderful event...
Thank you so much,, my wife and I had a great time indeed...

Fred W. what a pleasant surprise,, I know that must have been quite a trip for you,,
I'm sure glad you made it also,, it was nice to see you...

Dave,, the trip wasn't bad at all,, the miles roll on by...
I think the trick is to not look at how much further too often,, lol...

What a great weekend,, thank you to all...

Teddy

We had a blast all weekend. Flew the Chute-Releases to death and even managed to enjoy the Saturday night drizzle by cowering in a movie theater. Did my first 75mm K (K1085) in the Irritator as the last HPR flight of the weekend. About 7K up and about a mile back and forth for the walk..

P.S. If you stayed at the Crest Hill and cleaned a motor while having dinner on Monday, I think I found something that belongs to you. PM me, tell me what I have and what you had for dinner and I'll mail this thing to you.

Does any kind soul have a picture of the flying Tupperware bowl at liftoff that they could post?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks to all our vendors, all of our fliers, and all of our volunteers who helped make this event one of the most successful NYPOWERS in its 20 year history! :)
Even the weather co-operated with lots of sun for all 3 days of the event, with the sole exception of some wind, and rain that cut our launch window short about 1 hour later Sunday afternoon.
The special build and fly events for kids are still being talked about!
Greg

I was able to attend Saturday and had a great time. I didn't fly anything personally but sometimes its
nice to just sit back and take it in. My thanks to all the volunteers that made this event possible- I've
helped with several Red Glares so I know it takes a dedicated group to pull it off-and to all the flyers
who put on the actual show. NY Power 20 was Great launch !

As for next year, I say firm up your dates for 'NY Power 21-Barely Legal'(or whatever-ha!) and spread the word...

I would also like to thank the organizers and volunteers. It was a great event, easy wait times, friendly and helpful people, and just an overall nice experience, plus it is such a great field to launch from.

On the topic of photographs I would love to see what everyone has. I was not able to get any pics of my launches, mainly because my phone camera sucks and so does my ability to use it. However I know someone snapped some pictures of at least one of my launches because I recall someone saying they did...I just can't recall who it was.

On the topic of photographs I would love to see what everyone has. I was not able to get any pics of my launches, mainly because my phone camera sucks and so does my ability to use it. However I know someone snapped some pictures of at least one of my launches because I recall someone saying they did...I just can't recall who it was.

My photos are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132724805@N04/albums/72157669194863255
I'm not going to attempt to correlate who's rockets are who's. A couple of highlights:

26791884603_5ace2293a0_z.jpg
26791880293_cc08454b34_z.jpg
27399033215_53c83754d4_z.jpg

27300904202_3243198627_z.jpg
27123331080_22b943ebb2_z.jpg
27365330596_1a8c77dda7_z.jpg

26791820903_be0f7fa92a_z.jpg
27365297066_a28d7fcc14_z.jpg
27300807682_f36a02efde_z.jpg

27123226060_9267e2e943_z.jpg
27398940215_f79522cb80_z.jpg
27300789382_a3d561cca2_z.jpg