NYPOWER GENESEO NY MAY 28-30, 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering the same thing. I believe you can. I was browsing the website and it seems all you need to do is log in and pay the range fee.
It looks like you could just show up and register on site as well. I'm sure someone who's been there before can confirm that..

I plan on attending. I made sure to get that Monday off (we normally have to work that day here in Canada).

If all goes well, I'll get my L1 there. If all goes well...

I'm hoping to have the written part of my L2 exam done the weekend before at the joint CMASS/MMMSC launch in Berwick Me. Then do my L2 cert flight in Genesco. Fingers are crossed...

I'm hoping to have the written part of my L2 exam done the weekend before at the joint CMASS/MMMSC launch in Berwick Me. Then do my L2 cert flight in Genesco. Fingers are crossed...

Think positively Mike,,,
that level 2 cert is in the bag....
Piece -o- cake...lol...

Teddy

Registration is still opened! And you can register on the field also. If anyone needs any assistance with L1-L3, NAR or TRA please stop at the registration desk, someone there will able to give information! If you need anymore information please PM me.
MaryBeth Clune
NYPOWER 20 launch director

I don't care how ya hash it out,,,
it's gonna be a dynamite launch and I can't wait...

Teddy

... and we look forward to seeing you again, as always, Teddy!
A great field, expected great flying weather, great food, fun activities, and most importantly great friends, who can ask for anything more? :)
Greg

I'm wondering the same thing. I believe you can. I was browsing the website and it seems all you need to do is log in and pay the range fee.
It looks like you could just show up and register on site as well. I'm sure someone who's been there before can confirm that..

I plan on attending. I made sure to get that Monday off (we normally have to work that day here in Canada).

If all goes well, I'll get my L1 there. If all goes well...

I am sure it will Chris! Remember the key is to first think, then plan, and then do, in that order... There will be plenty of us available to assist with L1 - L3 certs, part of which includes helping with any pre-cert jitters that might occur. ;)
Greg

Mike, if you aren't able to get your L2 written done at CMASS, let us know. We can have it for you at NYPOWER, no problem.
Greg

Think positively Mike,,,
that level 2 cert is in the bag....
Piece -o- cake...lol...

Teddy

Thanks Teddy! Encouragement like that is always nice, thanks.

Mike, if you aren't able to get your L2 written done at CMASS, let us know. We can have it for you at NYPOWER, no problem.
Greg

Greg, thanks for the offer, that may just happen. I'm prepared for the flight. I just need to do some heavy studying for the written, I may need the extra week.

Greg, thanks for the offer, that may just happen. I'm prepared for the flight. I just need to do some heavy studying for the written, I may need the extra week.

I made a quizlet for this: https://quizlet.com/45294390/nar-level-2-exam-question-pool-flash-cards/

Get the quizlet app on your phone and run through it in your spare moments. In a week you'll get to where you know the answer to every question by heart and mostly have to be careful to read all the way through to avoid accidentally answering the wrong question.

Oh boy I was always terrible at tests... :-(
Level 1 first! My kids are even getting excited, maybe one of them can take the test for me :)

Don't worry there is no written part for L1 certification. You only need to fly you rocket on a H or I and recover it intact.

Good luck on your L1, welcome to bigger and better!

Last edited:
I made a quizlet for this: https://quizlet.com/45294390/nar-level-2-exam-question-pool-flash-cards/

Get the quizlet app on your phone and run through it in your spare moments. In a week you'll get to where you know the answer to every question by heart and mostly have to be careful to read all the way through to avoid accidentally answering the wrong question.

Thank you!! This is awesome,I have a copy of the questions, but this will be a big help.
I was surprised, as i was reading through the questions I knew more than I thought. Cool.

---
Last Call for NYPOWER tshirts. There will be a VERY Limited quantity of extra's on the field Don't miss out!

Tshirt Sales:
Pre-order of the NYPOWER shirt ENDS MAY 2nd DON'T Miss Out!

100% cotton, NYPOWER 20 on the front with NYPOWER20 Logo on the back. Whoever registers for NYPOWER by May 1st will have their name added to the list printed on the back of the shirt.

Tshirts are for on field pickup

3400 Big Tree Lane, Geneseo, NY 14454

Last few hours for NYPower t-shirts sales! I have to say a lot of shirts purchased in the last few days!

www.nypower.org

Ordered mine a couple days ago. I can only be there on Sunday and probably won't have anything to launch (since I'm flying in from NM). But, I at least want to have a 20th anniversary t-shirt! I never imaged the NYPOWER launches would go on this many years when I coined the name in the early 90's. Lots of hard work by 'generations' of MARS volunteers to keep it going. Thank you!

John, I will look forward to finally meeting you.

You will find a completely updated launch system, with all of the latest safety components in place for this launch, with further changes being rolled out later this summer.

Our field layout has been revised, allowing better visibilty of all the launches..

We have seen a large increase in flier registrations and T shirt sales, more than we had expected, so this is going to be one great event!

Maybe it's due to the new ideas and approaches the committee has come up with this year, the special events, etc. Maybe because it's our 20th....

Regardless it's going to be a fun event, with folks from across the US and Canada getting together to fly their rockets hassle free.

The National Warplane Museum will be open for fliers and visitors alike.

The BBQ dinner, the auction, and the night flights all will add some special fun on Saturday.

See you then!

Greg

Ordered mine a couple days ago. I can only be there on Sunday and probably won't have anything to launch (since I'm flying in from NM). But, I at least want to have a 20th anniversary t-shirt! I never imaged the NYPOWER launches would go on this many years when I coined the name in the early 90's. Lots of hard work by 'generations' of MARS volunteers to keep it going. Thank you!

There is still time for you to hit missile park and give the Athena a once-over with a tape measure...

Great! I will have soldering iron for you just in case we need it.

Looking to pickup a looooong out of production rocket kit? At NYPOWER on Saturday we will be holding an auction of a LOT of classic kits and Motors! A local legend passed away and his wife donated his collection, MANY unopened boxes and some perfectly built ones as well.
https://nypower.org/auction/
NYPOWER this year will be a great time.

Wow are there ever some absolutely amazing flights planned for NY Power this year...
Man is this gonna be some launch...
I can't wait for this one fer sure...

Teddy

Here are some photos from the first launch in 2010 at LDRS in Lucerne, CA.

I kept the 'remains' for 5 years in NM and gave them to Robert DeHate when he passed through last year. I hear that lots of improvements were made. I will be there to help with the launch prep again this year at Geneseo.

Wow are there ever some absolutely amazing flights planned for NY Power this year...
Man is this gonna be some launch...
I can't wait for this one fer sure...

NYPOWER is going to be a much more relaxed atmosphere than it has been the last few years!

NYPOWER is going to be a much more relaxed atmosphere than it has been the last few years!

I didn't even realize it's so close...
It's sure gonna be a great launch..
I just can't wait,, lol...

Teddy

NYPOWER in May..... Walking barefoot in the lush green carpeted grass and blooming dandelions while peacefully listening to the chirping swallows and catching a whiff of lilacs and three legged pig barbeque....then a friggin loud screaming rocket motor bangs the ears and shakes the ground. Heaven on earth.

Latest posts

Back