M3700 specifics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
The M3700 looks like an awesome, and interesting motor. I think I read it was a side result of government work, which explains the length being different from our usuals.

Is it the regular white thunder formulation? Do any other Cesaroni motors use this core shape? Is it a true finocyl or pseudo?

I like the M3700, it's a very cool motor and screams off the pad. Make sure to follow the supplemental instructions for glueing the grains. Have fun!

Big fan. Here's a 480fps pressure up and liftoff for ya [Wildman Darkstar Extreme at Lucerne Dry Lake]:

https://youtu.be/3ISNCKT9G70

I have no idea how to embed a YouTube video in a post here despite trying some advanced options. Any ideas? Thanks,

=G=

Last edited:
Big fan. Here's a 480fps pressure up and liftoff for ya [Wildman Darkstar Extreme at Lucerne Dry Lake]:

https://youtu.be/3ISNCKT9G70

I have no idea how to embed a YouTube video in a post here despite trying some advanced options. Any ideas? Thanks,

=G=

There are two ways.

1. Press the button that looks like a piece of film reel on the menu bar between the picture and the quote box.

Then paste your url in the dialog box that pops up.

[video=youtube;3ISNCKT9G70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ISNCKT9G70[/video]

2. Go advanced and press the icon that says "youtube" and paste the video code out of the url (the non sense letters after /watch?v= eg: 3ISNCKT9G70

[YOUTUBE]3ISNCKT9G70[/YOUTUBE]

Picked up my 3700 from Tim this weekend at Bong. Looking forward to later this year so I may let it loose... :)

20160110_174519.jpg 20160110_174632.jpg

Anyone ever feel like they are losing out on that extra chunk of a grain? It is certainly less expensive to match, though!

I am strongly considering one of these for my Punisher 4 at XPRS or BALLS. I definitely want a 75mm6G of some sort. M840 is probably my favorite in concept but it feels like that one should be flown minimum diameter.

Anyone ever feel like they are losing out on that extra chunk of a grain? It is certainly less expensive to match, though!

I am strongly considering one of these for my Punisher 4 at XPRS or BALLS. I definitely want a 75mm6G of some sort. M840 is probably my favorite in concept but it feels like that one should be flown minimum diameter.

It's more of a 5.3 grain with 5 extra long grains and an included spacer. How can you "loose out" when it is not the same price as a 6 grain motor?

Well in my mind the two expenses of bigger motors are dollars and space. Unless you have a 5.3 case, you are paying the penalty of a 6G case without filling it with propellant. Also I think the spacer is no longer included. Not a huge losses, of course, but it could be tempting to throw in a couple more bucks and get a full 6G motor. Especially for as much of an event as me driving all the way out to Black Rock and attending a major launch. Heck, maybe filling the entire case with sparks is what I want, performance be damned!

Hah, sorry for unleashing my indecisiveness on everybody. I wish there was a cstar in that size but understand why the geometries are limited for that propellant.

I have heard that it is really fun to put a big barrel of water under the launch pad, right where this motor normally creates a divot. I haven't seen it done, but I can imagine that the rapid burn makes for a big cloud of steam...

Back