Military-look Vector Force

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActingLikeAKid

Reaction score
So I got a Vector Force kit back when they were super cheap on the Estes site ... and then I mucked up the paint. And then I (seriously, what was I thinking?) compounded my error by thinking "hey, I baked some cookies, the oven's been off a while, I'll toss the rocket in to make SURE the paint has cured and OH GOD NO.

...so I had to get another one to redeem myself. Or something. Anyway, I didn't care much for the stock paint scheme, so I went for a sort of 80's USSR missile look (seriously, I thought "hey, that missile from Spies Like Us would be a good starting point") ....

Testors Olive Drab for the body, Testors Flat Red for the accents. I really really like how it came out. What do you think? (bare foot for scale. Also because I live in the sunny South)

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Looks good from here. I might even add a couple:

631px-Red_star.svg.png

Ha! I'm literally building one of those *right now*. I was thinking about doing that but ... A. That Testors paint is expensive and the Argent's a big beast. and B. I'm not sure if I want to have two rockets with the same scheme. It would be kind of fun to have "Daddy Rocket" and "Kid Rocket", though....

I was thinking that the Vector Force looks like it needs to be attached to a model of a Soviet Era diesel truck.

Glad you have a sense of humor about it, I realized my comment might have been offensive to those lacking a sense of humor, none intended, offense that is, humor definitively intended. I totally agree, It would actually be contrary to the regime and more typical of the bougeoisise to have such opulent podiatric cosmetics, so I retract the suggestion. compliments to the rocket builder, really awesome looking, makes me want to prep my bomb shelter with canned goods and canned heat.

Canned heat? Music is important for your bomb shelter.
[video=youtube;p0PjECSyJ7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0PjECSyJ7w[/video]

Back