Chris' Punisher 4 L3 build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chris. I really liked the M1780-NT. I usually don't like Blue Thunder because the burn times are so short but in an M motor you get 3.5 seconds of burn time AND a big blue flame with mach diamonds.

Thanks Chris. I really liked the M1780-NT. I usually don't like Blue Thunder because the burn times are so short but in an M motor you get 3.5 seconds of burn time AND a big blue flame with mach diamonds.

Chris, the M1780 NT is a rocking motor.
On my list to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

The NT motors are great, especially in the larger diameters. Big clear, blue flame and a lot of giddy up.

Good luck.

I'm doing my L3 on the M1780 at midwest power on a 6" wildman v2. Should be a fun flight!

I ground tested the main parachute compartment with its new configuration today. I used 3 nylon rivets and a 2.2g charge and it was perfect. For the next flight I'll use 1 rivet and 2.2g in the drogue compartment. That will give both compartments about the same about of separating force and make it easy to keep track of the charge sizes.

I bonded the grains to the liner this morning. I had a little scare when I grabbed my bottle of Glue All Max. The glue looked like it had cured in the bottle. Fortunately there was just a skin on top of the glue. Once I squeezed the bottle a few times the skin broke and the glue flowed as usual. The grains all slid right through the liner so it went together pretty quick.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your flight. Hope the winds settle down for Saturday and Sunday. What day are you planning to launch? If you're not busy when I'm up to launch the Frenzy XL, could you talk a few launch pictures?

Kevin,

We'll be there on Saturday. I'm not sure how early I'll be able to get everyone up and in the car. My guess is I'll be there around 11AM.

If we're there I'd be happy to take pictures for you.

Chris

I got my failure for the weekend out of the way. The tablet I've been using to run AltOS (aka the Telemetrum Base Station) refused to charge this week. I had to go buy a Galaxy Tab A at Best Buy today.

Motor assembled and installed.
Charges assembled.
Chutes packed.

The flight went well. The rocket landed intact two miles south of the field. There's one hang up at the moment...

IMG_5327.jpg

There's always something. I assume once that is safely removed from the line you got the cert, correct?

I'm beginning to think you should stick with saucers :)

I hope you still got your cert!

After a 2 hour wait the power company arrived and got the rocket down in about a minute. It was unscathed and my L3 has been signed off.

That's a 60" Fruity Chutes Iris.

After a 2 hour wait the power company arrived and got the rocket down in about a minute. It was unscathed and my L3 has been signed off.

That's a 60" Fruity Chutes Iris.

Incredibly well earned.

:cheers:

Thanks guys.

My son Jacob, friend Nathan and I setting it up on the pad and the one clean frame I got of it. Both of these were taken at 600mm.

IMG_9083.jpg

IMG_9086.jpg

Congrats, Chris. You earned that one, brother.

20000 acres of alfalfa to land in, and the darn thing finds a 1/2 wide piece of wire. Yup. Gotta love HPR. :facepalm:

Not to let anything out of the bag early, but... Congrats to Kevin, too. :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks James. There was chest high corn 20' to the West and a plowed field 10' to the East. At least it didn't find an irrigation ditch.

Congrats Chris! We're at Denny's Coalinga... checking the forum. We like the pictures.

Back