(modified) RW Mongoose 29 - 29mm MD "Altitude Seeker": 16,000' & mach 2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home for the weekend, and finally finished up assembling the tower! Despite the flimsiness of the 0.05" aluminum T bar, the whole structure is amazingly stiff and almost doesn't need the 1010 rail that will be supporting it - essentially, I will bring the tower out to a regular 1010 launch pad, slide it on, and tighten it down and instantly have a heavy duty, angle-able tower! I did probably go a little overjill with the fasteners - used something like 150 8-32 small pattern nuts :lol:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EwNG94]
25286172134_f7ecf7410b_c.jpg
[/url]

Next step: figure out plans so that I can fly this at red glare this April :smile:

TEST: Hmmm, just wrote up a big update and the thread then accordingly popped up on the new thread list, and in my recent activity in my profile, but the post doesn't seem to be showing up here. Will see if this post shows up.

UPDATE: after 10 minutes the posts showed up, weird!

Last edited:
Very cool tower you got there. Will the other one also make it out to Red Glare?

I can't wait to see that tower Coleman...
You da man... lol..

Teddy

Home for the weekend, and finally finished up assembling the tower! Despite the flimsiness of the 0.05" aluminum T bar, the whole structure is amazingly stiff and almost doesn't need the 1010 rail that will be supporting it - essentially, I will bring the tower out to a regular 1010 launch pad, slide it on, and tighten it down and instantly have a heavy duty, angle-able tower! I did probably go a little overjill with the fasteners - used something like 150 8-32 small pattern nuts :lol:

25286172134_f7ecf7410b_c.jpg

Next step: figure out plans so that I can fly this at red glare this April :smile:

:jaw:

That's one damn nice tower design!

Thanks! Quite a bit over-engineered and complex just for the heck of it, but also because with designing it in CAD and then 3-d printing it, I can find time to do that anywhere/anytime on my laptop, vs physical assembly/construction which is harder to find the time/place to do.

I can't wait to see that tower Coleman...
You da man... lol..

Teddy

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing ya at Red Glare! :smile:

:smile:

Thanks! Quite a bit over-engineered and complex just for the heck of it, but also because with designing it in CAD and then 3-d printing it, I can find time to do that anywhere/anytime on my laptop, vs physical assembly/construction which is harder to find the time/place to do.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing ya at Red Glare! :smile:

:smile:

Honestly, your tower is a work of art. Nicely done! :)

Hey Coleman, awesome flights yesterday. Just PM me your email address and I'll send photos of your flights along.

Back