TLP Hellfire AGM114A

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, been awhile. My case and reloads arrived awhile back, but have had a lot of other things tying me up at the moment so no launch yet.
Did manage to put some clear gloss on the nose to simulate the seeker window though. Just need to add the model designation on the nose and I think I'll be happy to fly her.

Last edited:
Looking very sweet ,she`s gonna turn heads at the launch, that`s for sure !!

Single use AT E15s will take it pretty good ,as will E30s ,but the E30 will take it pretty high !

A few weeks back I flew my TLP HARM on an E15 ,almost cost me my rocket ,not enough boost (I build `em pretty solid ,add on details, Basswood fins and epoxy).The rocket made a huge arc and luckily the ejection charge popped and saved it.

Next flight I slapped in an E30.....Perfect boost and arrow straight flight and nice altitude.

Look forward to more pics and a flight report.

Cheers

Paul T

As a back-to-topic note I finally located my TLP Hellfire! I had it lying around waiting to construct for months and just as this thread started suddenly I couldn't find it. Turns out it was put into a box with some other kits and stowed in the basement to make room for the Christmas tree. :)

Just remember. It is Throw Back Thursday today.

If that is the case, seems to me it's time to launch the Christmas tree.

And since the great photobucket disaster of 2017 I think it was has removed all my pics I'll try and re-upload them. :)

Have created an album since I can't seem to edit yrs old posts so all pics are there

Last edited:
Send a request to Angie via support and she can give you permissions to go back and edit the old posts so you can add the pics.

Send a request to Angie via support and she can give you permissions to go back and edit the old posts so you can add the pics.

Thanks rharshberger,
And Thanks Angie, all photos are back up.
Hope to have a better flight video next month.:)

So time for an update.
I've flown it 4 time on the D-15-4T and its still flying.
Have made a couple of changes,

Tore the launch lugs off so have upgraded to these.....
full

full

Conformal rails from Apogee.

and the motor casing has been ejecting itself so fitted this.....

full

full

Aeropack 24mm Retainer.

1st flight with these changes will be tomorrow. :)

Good day. I just finished my Hellfire and am a bit concerned about that CG thingy. Only data I have is from Rocksim and this seems to be a bit off. May I ask where your CG is located (with loaded motor). Thank you in advance.

Good day. I just finished my Hellfire and am a bit concerned about that CG thingy. Only data I have is from Rocksim and this seems to be a bit off. May I ask where your CG is located (with loaded motor). Thank you in advance.
Apologies McTschegsn i've been MIA for awhile. Got a flight coming up in a couple of weeks so will drag it out, load it up and find the CG if you still need it.

Back