Mounting camera inside 54mm airframe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuyler

Reaction score
I'm about to start working on a Madcow Tomach which is a 54mm minimum diameter rocket. I would love to have a camera on it but, of course, it's probably not good to mount it on the outside of a minimum diameter supersonic rocket. I've thought about putting it in the av bay and looking out a little window or something. Does anyone have any thoughts or tips on this? I have an old Boostervision camera but I'm open to something new if it's under $100. Thanks.

For a camera I would look at the Mobius camera. It is small, being a little bigger than a car remote. You could possible mount the sensor module next to a little window, since it is attached to the main board by a ribbon cable which can be extended, but you would need a way to hold everything. See the picture below. Whether this is practical, I do not know.

maxresdefault.jpg

Another option is a camera like this, the Fatchark PilotHD, which is commonly used for FPV systems on quadcopters. It is small and records to a micro sd card.

pilothd-v2-front.jpg

Hope this helps,
Kyle

Back