Wildman Punisher Super Sport

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a slight error in the fin shape and corrected it. The above file has the correction.
I've used many rocket sim files that others have posted so this was my turn to add one that I don't think exists yet.
Enjoy

Windman 38mm Punisher SS.jpg

When you say it had an incorrect fin shape, how did you determine that?

I actually do a fin 'overlay' in OpenRocket. I bring up the shape of the fin at 100%, and literally line it up with the original. I lay my laptop on it's 'back' to do this :) While I've tried vernier calipers to measure, this seems easier and almost more accurate. Yes, I -am- that particular lol

When you say it had an incorrect fin shape, how did you determine that?

I actually do a fin 'overlay' in OpenRocket. I bring up the shape of the fin at 100%, and literally line it up with the original. I lay my laptop on it's 'back' to do this :) While I've tried vernier calipers to measure, this seems easier and almost more accurate. Yes, I -am- that particular lol

Jeff, I like Your idea with the laptop. What happened I think on the first .ork file is I must have bumped the last top rear node of the fin which moved it back slightly and caused the angle to be off coming down to the root. I didn't notice this until today when I looked at the profile of the fin again. Yes minor but just wanted it right. I printed off the above fin which matches the fin overlay.

I used to print them to do an overlay, but can make 'real time' adjustments in OR if I lay them on the screen. Plus or minus a pixel is (usually) within tolerance.

I'm funny like that, too. Who uses Vernier calipers and micrometers to design and build rockets? I do...

Back