Binder Design Terrordactyl build is finished!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binder Design

Reaction score
It finally stopped raining long enough to get some paint on this baby. I had some fun with this one. The design was inspired by HR Geiger and brought to life on the CNC. It might be my favorite rocket, although I say that every time I build a new one, so I need to let it settle in a bit.

terrordactyl2.jpg

Last edited:
That's 110% bad aZZ. I want one. 4"/54mm? I WANT one. Have an empty credit card waiting!

Thanks for the nice comment! Yes 4" dia. 54mm mount. i almost made it in 75mm, but with the fin holes common sense got the better of me.

Wow, pretty amazing!

Thanks, I had a lot of fun designing it. CNC lets me produce a lot of ideas I've had in my head for many years but couldn't do until now. This one was inspired by work from HR Geiger, Fibonacci, with just a bit of DaVinci influence.

Thanks, I had a lot of fun designing it. CNC lets me produce a lot of ideas I've had in my head for many years but couldn't do until now. This one was inspired by work from HR Geiger, Fibonacci, with just a bit of DaVinci influence.

Mike, when will this be released?

That's the nicest looking kit that I've seen in a long time. Awesome job.

That's the nicest looking kit that I've seen in a long time. Awesome job.

Dick, that is really nice of you to say and means a lot to me! I have to thank my wife for pushing me on this one. I was working on a couple of military designs and she wasn't into them at all. I had all the instructions written and CNC files done on them and she basically said, "You can do better than that". So I started from scratch and started pulling from several well known artists for inspiration.

It was really fun to see this one come together like some sort of prehistoric monster. :)

My build pile is looking to grow a bit.

I can even see a pearl green to red color shift paint. Is the body tube sized to match a 3.9" tail cone retainer?

Last edited:
My build pile is looking to grow a bit.

I can even see a pearl green to red color shift paint. Is the body tube sized to match a 3.9" tail cone retainer?

I'm assuming you mean the aeropack tailcone or possibly the slimline tailcone.....Yes, you'd just leave off the included thrust ring provided with the kit and use the tailcone instead.

OMG - yes !

I may have to get one of these and overpower it for NXRS!

Can the NXRS race this year be with these??? PLEASE!! Shred Race!!!

Great looking kit. I like all of the BD dinosaurs.

Mike,,
That is an absolutely gorgeous design....
It really does look prehistoric...
Very cool...

Make the pic in the first post a link to it on your site.....

Teddy

Mike,,
That is an absolutely gorgeous design....
It really does look prehistoric...
Very cool...

Make the pic in the first post a link to it on your site.....

Teddy

Thanks for the compliment! Link could be construed as blatant advertising in the HPR section and I'm not a paying sponsor. People know where to find me.

That is really awesome looking. I broke the bank over Black Friday, but at some point I highly expect this to be in my inventory! Way too cool looking NOT to be!

I'm wondering how it would look with a gunmetal fuselage and green fins, all done in the hammered metal paint! That's my current plan. Subject to change on a whim.

I'm wondering how it would look with a gunmetal fuselage and green fins, all done in the hammered metal paint! That's my current plan. Subject to change on a whim.

Prototype is hammered black with gloss hunter green fins. I wanted to do fins in hammered green or even a metallic green. Try to find that in stores without ordering a case. No problem a few years ago, but nobody carries it in stock anymore.

Back