Eggtimer TRS *HELP*

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

321_BlastOff

Reaction score
I can pair the TRS & LCD & go through settings but if I go to (Check Status) it comes up Drogue OFF Main ON. I then changed the settings on drogue to nose-over but if o go to (Check Status) it still shows drogue as OFF. If I go to deployment test it won't fire the drogue channle also. So I figured I would plug it in to the laptop and try that way but I can't get the TRS to communicate, I can get to the black start screen on putty but when I power up the TRS it goes through the slow beeps & then the fast beeps but nothing ever pops up on putty. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be great.

So just to recap

1) I can't get drogue channle to arm
2) I can't get the TRS to communicate with terminal emulator

Last edited:
Guess I should have tried to change the rx & tx wires. Mines definitely not wired like the website says. It's was a late night last night. Now I'm going to update and try to get it working. I will update

I for the life of me can't get the drogue channel to turn ON. I says it's ON with the LCD & terminal emulator but if I go to check status it's says OFF. If I try to do a deployment test for main works great but I can't do a deployment test on the drogue channel I'm guessing because the TRS thinks it's off. I have xmas light bulbs in both the channels. I could really use some help.

Here's some pics of what I'm looking at.

One more thing after the TRS has halted how do you reset it without disconnecting the power?
This screen here

Last edited:
Did you perform the Master Reset? I've also had issues with usb connectivity when using com4 and above ports. And as far as I know, eggtimer halted means you are going to be disconnecting. My only annoyance with the product.

I pulled the xmas bulbs and swapped and now it's all good so I must not have been making a good connection. I thought that if that was the fact it would flash in the status screen but that's not how it works. Been ALOT of info in the user guide that has mislead me. Thanks for the help guys I think I got it all figured out. Definitely sucks I got to unhook the battery and restart between deployment tests.

OFF on the status screen means there's no continuity I believe. So I think it wasn't saying that the drogue channel was disabled, but that there was something wrong with the drogue channel's continuity. I was going to suggest a soldering issue after your first post, but it sounds like maybe it was just a bad connection that was fixed when you swapped the connections.

The continuity display is notwithstanding of the channel deployment setting. If you have the drogue channel setting turned to OFF but you have an igniter and battery connected the drogue continuity will still be ON.

The remote deployment test halts afterwards because you are almost certainly going to disconnect everything if you're doing a REAL test vs. using a light bulb. The test is designed so that you can use YOUR battery with YOUR igniter in the actual settings that you'd fly with. Anything else introduces variables that may not be true come flight time.

I bought a "sale" canister of LED's from Electronics Goldmine some time back and there were some LED's with 90 degree bent leads. I plug them in the ematch channels for testing. They glow faintly with continuity from the pyro battery and "flare" for a couple of seconds during the test. You have to have something on the ematch circuits and a pyro battery connected to see the continuity displayed. This alternatively leads that during a flight, if the "D" or "M" goes out, current was sent to the match and it shorted out.
Likely the event happened barring a bad match or wet 4F! One also can tell when the main charge is going to be coming up and be facing the right direction to get a possible visual fix. Fly a small enough rocket and my might not see anything until you go where the LCD tells you to go to pick it up. Kurt

Back