Eggtimer Rocketry Ugly Sweater Contest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
In the true contemporary spirit of the holidays (please, no fundamentalist rants...) we decided to add a little holiday cheer to the mix. So, for now through Dec. 24th we're holding an ugly holiday sweater contest. Just post a picture of your ugly sweater (or your significant other's if you wouldn't be caught dead wearing such an abomination) in this thread. The ugliest sweater will bring the poster an Eggtimer Quark, and a possible place in the Ugly Holiday Sweater Hall of Fame. Da Rules: Judging will be on Dec. 26th, the Judge's decision is final, no whining, have fun, and don't take life so seriously! :)

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

I don't have an ugly sweater ... can i just post a pic of Frywrxz Dave ??

Kenny

1450845956062.jpg

Not a sweater, as it wasn't sweater weather. My friends made me a Christmas shirt with my own face on it... I'm on the left.

Okay Chris, I've got one for you. Sorry about the rotated view, but no matter what I try I can't get them to post upright.

This one's so ugly it goes all the way past cute and around back to ugly again. That's a full angel doll sewn to the front with what I could best describe as burlap hair and some sort of yarn dreadlock dress. It has beady little eyes. Dead eyes like a shark with no soul... Two jingle bells allow you to hear the ugly coming from the other side of wherever you might be - house party, office, dark alley. And if you miss the front of it while it's coming, you can catch the giant stocking on the back going away from you.

The gold tinsel garland outlines on both the front and back really bring the whole thing together.

20151223_081027.jpg

20151223_081038.jpg

Attachments

• 20151223_081033.jpg
    20151223_081033.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 75
Point of Order! I am unable to get an ugly sweater because they are so popular for parties (and I ditched all of mine before the craze). So all I have are non-ugly sweaters. I do have an ugly Christmas tie; does that work? I can post a picture of my nice sweater as well if that helps...

Okay Chris, I've got one for you. Sorry about the rotated view, but no matter what I try I can't get them to post upright.

This one's so ugly it goes all the way past cute and around back to ugly again. That's a full angel doll sewn to the front with what I could best describe as burlap hair and some sort of yarn dreadlock dress. It has beady little eyes. Dead eyes like a shark with no soul... Two jingle bells allow you to hear the ugly coming from the other side of wherever you might be - house party, office, dark alley. And if you miss the front of it while it's coming, you can catch the giant stocking on the back going away from you.

The gold tinsel garland outlines on both the front and back really bring the whole thing together.

Time to retire the category. :jaw:

Exactimator that's less of a sweater and more of a multi-sensory experience beyond limits, where pain and pleasure are indivisible. You win.

Point of Order! I am unable to get an ugly sweater because they are so popular for parties (and I ditched all of mine before the craze). So all I have are non-ugly sweaters.

That's sad, like that Christmas Shoes song. I know what would make you feel better! I'll send you a photo of my new Quark after Chris sends it to me.

Exactimator that's less of a sweater and more of a multi-sensory experience beyond limits, where pain and pleasure are indivisible. You win.

Honestly, I have a hard time looking right at it. Like if I lock eyes with that "angel" it'll steal my soul or come kill me in my dreams.

It's won every contest it's ever entered.

Hey, there's still almost two days left, it ain't over til it's over. I do have to admit that Exactimator's sweater would be hard to beat, though...

Sorry guy's

I don't think there's any point to posting anymore...
Exactimator,,,
My hat's off to ya....
I give....
You win man...lol...

Teddy

Your poor dog don't look happy.

She was probably thinking, "All I wanted for Christmas was a big juicy bone with the meat still hanging on it...and they give me this (insert expletive) sweater?"

Or something along those lines...

Honestly, I have a hard time looking right at it. Like if I lock eyes with that "angel" it'll steal my soul or come kill me in my dreams.

It's won every contest it's ever entered.
Mark- you win. It really was the tinsel outlined stocking in the back that wrapped it up! I, myself, have never really wanted a sweater you had to feed......

She calls them ugly sweaters, and she makes a point of making them ridiculous, so I think I'll be in the clear :)

I could post a pic of my ugly sweater, unfortunately, I wear it all the time. :facepalm: I can't take it off, even if I wanted to, and I think there's a no offensive pictures clause in the TRF rules...

Adrian

OK, the Christmas turkey has been eaten and we've all somewhat recovered from the season, so it's time for the judging.

And the winner is...

Exactimator. A truly ugly piece, if I dare say so myself. I'm sure the pictures don't quite do it justice since they're slightly washed out, but the fact that the wearer's face is cut off says everything.

You'll be getting a PM for the shipping info, fyi it will be about a week or two since I'm currently out of Quarks.

View attachment 278373

View attachment 278375

Yay, I won something! My mom always said I was special. Thanks Chris! I'll add it to my other Eggtimer gear and put the Quark to good use.

Back