New F record at Bunnell Florida

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n27sb

N27SB
Reaction score
Had fairly good conditions at NEFAR December 2015 today and flew my new 29mm FX-2 on an apogee F10-8. It carries onboard an Altus EasyMini and an Eggfinder TX-v6 GPS. The GPS never lost track. This was the first time that I have flown a small diameter rocket and did not need my GPS to find it. It flew to 5407 ft. This breaks the prior record by over 1000 ft. I plan to add a little weight to get it up to optimum weight and trim the fins a bit. It has the potential to exceed 6000 ft.
Thank you Steve and Scott at NEFAR for all the hard work you do to make this a great club.

fx-2.JPGScreen Shot 2015-12-12 at 3.59.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-12 at 3.59.32 PM.png

What list of records are you claiming to break? The current adult F Altitude records for optically tracked and altimeter are 1741 m (5712 ft) and 1701 m (5581 ft), respectively. You made an impressive flight, but it's not a record breaking flivht as far as I can tell.

I think the title says it all.
[h=2]New F record at Bunnell Florida[/h]

We are almost at sea level, so no one here (other than Nasa) is likely to set an international or national record.

Nevertheless, 5000 feet and breaking the club record by 1000 feet is pretty impressive.

-- Roger

Congratulations, awesome job. What did you use for recovery, chute, streamer, dual/singl deploy, etc?
gold mylar streamer. used the EasyMini at apogee. never enough time delay on these hot rods.

We are almost at sea level, so no one here (other than Nasa) is likely to set an international or national record.

Nevertheless, 5000 feet and breaking the club record by 1000 feet is pretty impressive.
-- Roger

thanks Roger, a handicap adjustment would level the field but I think on later flights with a few adjustments I can beat those other numbers even at sea level.

Great job Steve! What's next?

Thanks Tim, wish you were there. I think I will push the outside of this envelope a bit further then lets stick a G in it. It will fit. I will have to add about 6 oz of lead to it for optimum weight. Can you believe that?

You must admit the title is deceiving. You should replace "at" with "for" and perhaps add the words "launch site" at the end.

Paperwork submitted to TRIPOLI record program today to register "for" a National record flight in F class "for" altitude of 5407 ft. "at" Bunnell, Fl launch site. Not to be confused with NAR records.

Congrats and good data capture. Thanks for posting the info.

Paperwork submitted to TRIPOLI record program today to register "for" a National record flight in F class "for" altitude of 5407 ft. "at" Bunnell, Fl launch site. Not to be confused with NAR records.

Well alrighty, then. Well done.

Wow..
That's incredible. ..
You broke a mile on an F....
That is quite a feet indeed....
I'd love to see you make the changes you quoted and go for that 6K mark....
you can do it....
Good for you Steve. ....
My heartiest congratulations. .....

Teddy

Latest posts

Back