Rocketry Warehouse's Adventurer 3 Nose Cone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me personally, I like the eyebolt attached to the NC tip unless you are planning to stuff some electronics up there.

Do you think ordering a bulkhead would be a better solution?

I don't like the way RW has started doing this either. They have some beautiful stepped fiberglass bulkheads. I guess they'd prefer you pay for an upgrade. I usually just find something in my old stock of parts and glue it together to make my stepped bulkheads.

I added a stepped bulkhead and a threaded rod to follow CJ's glue less method. This will work for now but I want to make a tray for tracking inside soon.

You're not concerned about rotational forces during descent unscrewing the eye nut? I have a nosecone built using this method, but haven't flown the rocket yet. I suppose a swivel on the chute would mitigate rotational forces though.

I feel that has to be considered. I have an extra nut under the bulkhead and loc tight everywhere. I feel the cone will spin freely as a whole. A swivel is an excellent idea also.

Last edited:
Loc tite. All over the place. Just dip the whole nosecone in it.

If you have the nosecone in the middle-ish of the shock cord and the parachute on the end, theres not much rotational force.

Will the metal threaded rod interfere with a gps tracker? Specifically the egg finder?
Steve

Hi SDramstad- I started the thread posted by MightyRocketman in post 7, specifically because I wanted to put my eggfinder in the nose away from allthread. Don't know if it mattered, I didn't lose signal, but I didn't have a successful flight (not because of the nose bay design!). I rebuilt it the same way and hope to fly it again this spring.

Back