New little rocketeer on the way...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CzTeacherMan

Reaction score
Just a little announcement for my friends...
My wife and I are expecting another baby! Woohoo!!!
So, last year, I had to leave a launch early to go to a "baby gender reveal party." Which I thought was rather strange. I made a comment at the time that, "wouldn't it be cool if we could do that with rockets..." I thought I was done having kids... ... ...
So... Whenever we find out the gender of the baby, we're going to have the doctor write it down, put it in an envelope. Then, I'll hand said envelope to Tim Wildman Lehr, and he'll hand me a 5 grain motor, either pink or blue. Luckily, they have almost exactly the same thrust curve, so I'll put said motor into the rocket, and... We'll reveal our baby's gender thatta way.
Now, if only I can convince my wife that Seamus is actually a great name... She's Irish for crying out loud!

HHHHHEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...........
CONGRATULATIONS ERIK.............
Man if you were here I'd shake your hand till I dislocated your shoulder,,, lol...
That's wonderful man,, good for you guy's man.....
That's really way too cool of a way to find out the gender...
You mean you're not going to know till the button is pushed on the rocket...
Very very cool Erik...
Good for you man...
All the best...

Teddy

Congrats! Of course, we'll need photos when they're available!

God Bless!
Jim

My theory is that they're having twins or triplets, and then CZTeacherman will have to launch a cluster of motors

Congrats, there's nothing like the feeling. I've been there 4 times. The rocket is a great idea. I think my wife would have killed me if I tried to get her to wait on telling anybody. She wanted to know and everybody else to know ASAP.

Congratulations on the new upcoming addition to your family,

Siobhan (pronounced 'Shi-VON') is a nice Irish female name. It means 'God's Grace'.

Seamas (pronounced 'SHAY-mas') is the Irish version of 'James'.

Both good Irish names and if you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough. ;)

Better Watch It!!!

Tim will announce your new coming child's name as "Victoria-maximus"..works for ether boy or girl! "V-max"

Since you're doing this at Bong, make sure you don't baptize the rocket (and baby mama) with "Bong water"...
Wish I could be there.

Adrian

Wow,,
This is really cool ,,,
I wish I were going to be there with you guy's...

Teddy

my vote is to name the baby "Jet Hitch", but I think CZTeacherman's wife would kill me.

I'll be at the launch on saturday, and probably actually fly rockets as well.

Nice; congrats Eric! Won't be there for the big reveal, but look forward to hearing shortly after...preferably seeing a post with a nice capture of a pink or blue motor! Good luck, and congrats once again!!!!

-Eric Ca-

Congratulations! How exciting for you both!

Here's a plan. First, give her my brother's top choice for his baby's name: Xerxes. Right after she shoots that down with just a look, Seamus won't seem so bad! :)

I have to launch at Bong. I'd rather QCRS just because I hate trees... But for this to work, I need to go where Tim goes, and he'll be at the WOOSH launch.
Doctor gives wife an envelope tomorrow, we bring envelope to Tim (along with a motor case), Tim fills that motor case with the right motor, we launch...

Sounds fun Eric, just hope it's not a 2 grain, might put one blue and one pink to leave you guessing :).

Back