NARAM 58: Anyone bringing RCRG models to the sport launch weekend?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tab28682

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Currently planning to go to MO for the sport launch weekend before the contest gets underway, assuming the stars align properly for vacation time

Planning on bringing a small fleet of different types of RC RGs to the sport launch. More fun scale and sport types and less of the competitive duration types in my case.

Anyone else planning on doing RC RGs there?

I'll be bringing some RC RGs but they will be more of the competition-type models, that's just what i like. Its all good.

I'd like to check out your models in person. I have watched them online for a while.

Don

Like Don, I'm more of a performance guy. If I can make it, I will be bringing my Snowbird 18mm glider. If I get it done, I'll have a vintage Stingray III as well. My brother might have a 1/72 scale foam Buran as well.

I still have a Stingray III kit from Kevin in my stash. Ought to dust it off and build it in time for N58. Not optimum for the newer lighter radio gear, but would be fun. I have a Cuda kit stashed back as well.

Planning on having a 950mm ARF DLG to E6 conversion there, for sure.

Last edited:
I would miss it as well if my drive was 30 hours. Only about 7 for me and that is pretty doable.

I have not made it to a NARAM since N38 in Evansville, IN.

I still have a Stingray III kit from Kevin in my stash. Ought to dust it off and build it in time for N58. Not optimum for the newer lighter radio gear, but would be fun. I have a Cuda kit stashed back as well.

Planning on having a 950mm ARF DLG to E6 conversion there, for sure.

The Stingray III is a perfect conversion to modern radio gear! The fact that servos are buried in the wing root means that a mass change doesn't affect them that much. The relatively small wing also means that the lighter weight can only help. I'm planning on using a big 1S LiPo in mine for very long durations.

The Stingray III is a perfect conversion to modern radio gear! The fact that servos are buried in the wing root means that a mass change doesn't affect them that much. The relatively small wing also means that the lighter weight can only help. I'm planning on using a big 1S LiPo in mine for very long durations.

Good points. Perhaps it was the Cuda that did not translate as well to modern radio gear and I mis-remembered the exact kit.

NARAM is just 3 weeks away.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow RCRG enthusiasts up there.

Currently planning on having 7 profile Depron models there, plus the A-4, the Guillow's Shuttle conversion, Mini Pop Wing conversion and the Whipit conversion. Might bring a few more as well: the modified NCR Avatar, the Klima Me-163

I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it, and I'll be bringing my well-loved 18mm R/C sailplane dubbed "Snowbird."

I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it, and I'll be bringing my well-loved 18mm R/C sailplane dubbed "Snowbird."

Looking forward to seeing it.

I am probably bringing more than I can ever get around to flying during those two days.

7 profile foam RC RG models, one of Franks Bomarcs, the German A-4b model, the Guillow's Shuttle RC conversion, the Whipit RG BG conversion, plus one or two more possibles.

Back