Foamy Engine Brite to clean rails?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKailas Dad

Reaction score
I know oven cleaner will remove the anodizing, but I don't have the patients to soak or scrub my rail with vinegar, dish or laundry soap.

Anybody tried something like Foamy Engine Brite engine cleaner? It's made by Gunk, and I'm sure there are other names and manufactures for it.

Considering how much aluminum is on today's engines, I would think the chances of damaging it would be pretty slim. I've used it many times on cleaning up engines and engine bays. I haven't noticed any negative affects on aluminum or paint, and it does remove burnt on crud as well, though it may take a couple applications for the stubborn stuff.

I know oven cleaner will remove the anodizing, but I don't have the patients to soak or scrub my rail with vinegar, dish or laundry soap.

Anybody tried something like Foamy Engine Brite engine cleaner? It's made by Gunk, and I'm sure there are other names and manufactures for it.

Considering how much aluminum is on today's engines, I would think the chances of damaging it would be pretty slim. I've used it many times on cleaning up engines and engine bays. I haven't noticed any negative affects on aluminum or paint, and it does remove burnt on crud as well, though it may take a couple applications for the stubborn stuff.

My club uses vinegar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to Home Depot/Lowes and buy a gallon of Muratic acid. Dilute 50/50 with water and apply with a spray bottle. The worst stains require a bit of brushing but 95% of the crud washes right off with a high power water sprayer.

Back