What's on your face?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats face?

• PorkChop side burns

• Moustache

• ful beard

• goate

• soul patch

• balbo

• chin curtain

• other/combo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
To shave or not to shave. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_facial_hairstyles

In me 56 years Ive seen all kinds of facial hair styles.
I remember when I had big "Pork Chop" sideburns..ha ha
Now-a-days I grow me beard in the winter and do the goatee w/attached stash.
I think I have had a stash since highschool.
Anywhoo....
Whats ya sporting ......

EDIT...I cant edit the poll question??? Should be "What's ON YOUR face.

Last edited:
Stash since high school also. Used to shave every day, now once a week. The "scruffy" look seems to be in style right now. Can't stand going any longer than a week without shaving, gets itchy.

What's on my face?

A nose, a pair of eyes, lips, a mouth, eyebrows... You know... All the regular stuff.

What's on my face?

A nose, a pair of eyes, lips, a mouth, eyebrows... You know... All the regular stuff.
Pieces/Parts
th

As of Nov 1st I am sporting a full beard and moustache. I am dying to shave it off but my 6 year old daughter loves it, so for now it stays. Normally I shave Mon-Friday and give it a break on the weekends.

My old facial hair was a Fu Manchu style... I've been clean shaven for a while now (but that might change again).

Last edited:
Have had a mustache since I was a teenager.

Two years ago while shaving, I nicked below my lower lip pretty badly and needed to avoid shaving to give it time to heal well. So, rather than have some random looking unshaved area for awhile, I decided to try a goatee. Haven't committed to it.... but here I am 2 years later and still have it. :)

- George Gassaway

wqCxUrW.jpg

Usually sport a goatee, with intermittent periods of being clean-shaven. When starting a new job, it tends to stay neatly trimmed. Afterwards (like now), it is sometimes allowed to grow to the point where mustache wax is needed to prevent the ingestion of the facial hair on my upper lip. When the bit on my chin gets long enough to braid, it's probably time to trim.

Since I shave my head as well, the extra time for the bit around my mouth isn't too bad. Just a pain in the rear to shave, which usually prompts me to grow a goatee again.

IMG_1710.JPG

I had a 70s-style stache from when I was about 16 (in the 70s) until I was about 40 (15 or so years ago), then one morning I shaved it off and went clean shaven, and have been ever since (mostly). About once a decade I've grown beards, but never kept one past about 3 months.

I went on vacation in Sept/Oct for a couple weeks and didn't shave, and suddenly realized, "hokey smokes, looks like I have a beard going." So now I am coming up on about 2 1/2 months for it.

It's coming in about half white, so I might keep it long enough to be Santa for Christmas. After that, I dunno, I might just chop it off.

I was thinking about going with the scruffy semi-beard look, but it seems to be that would be more hassle than either shaving it off or going full Santa Claus.

Last edited:
In HS I grew a Fu Manchu, because the pitcher I modeled myself after was "El Tiante" (Luis Tiant). As I continued playing semi pro ball I maintained the "Fu", except for the 2 years in law enforcement. In my late 20s I grew a full beard in the winter and shaved it down for the season. In my mid 30s I was clean shaven in the winter and grew the "Fu" for the season (now amateur league). When I was 40 I joined a over 30 senior league & traded the "Fu" in for a Goate. My arm fell off that year :mad: and I had to give up the game I love, but I kept the goate. I Shaved it off and went face naked for 2 years, but my wife like me better with the facial hair, so I grew it back. Of course the facial hair started to turn salt & pepper in my mid 40's and is all grey now, and at 61 and I have more hair on my face than the top of my head.:facepalm:

Ugg, no facial hair for me. Any facial hair is immediately shaven off :p

Any Van Dyke faces out there?!? Not sure when a goatee becomes a Van Dyke or visa versa though...

Grew a stache in college as soon as I had enough hair to make it look like something.
Had a Fu Manchu once on vacation.
Started growing a beard the day I got out of the Army.
I thought about shaving before but my wife really likes it.
As I got older and it started turning white, I have warned her that I refuse to look like Santa Claus.
As it has turned progressively more white, I have trimmed it down so that now I have a salt and pepper Goatee/Van Dyke.

Well, for the most part, clean shaven. Can't grow a beard to save my soul.

Of course, most days at work, the only thing on my face tends to be a dumb look.

Any Van Dyke faces out there?!? Not sure when a goatee becomes a Van Dyke or visa versa though...

Van Dyke is a goatee with a mustache. A goatee technically has no mustache.

I am clean shaven and thus could not participate in the poll.

Just a stash for me but this time of year I do the dear hunter thing---nice tight beard-- tonight I have the hot and sexy three day growth thing going on--yea , right !! How's that workin out for me----NOT !!!

I am another who has had a moustache since graduating HS. I have added the full beard, mutton chops, goatee (the 2nd most common type), and whatever its called when just the chin area is cut. I cut my moustache once a couple of years ago to see what people would say. Neither my wife or I cared for it so it started growing back about 3 days later.

I voted "ful beard" (sic), but that applies to right now.
Basically I shave for most of the spring/summer/fall, and let it grow out during winter. So, it being winter, I've got a beard.
Come spring, I sometimes shave it into a goatee, or long sideburns, or some other thing - just for kicks - but that usually only lasts for a few weeks, then I get sick of it and shave it all off until the next winter, and the cycle repeats.

s6

Small Basel cell Carcinoma, having it removed in a few weeks......

I know that's not what you were asking, but it answers your question....

My upper lip hasn't seen sunlight since 1972. And it never will.

Back