• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Metal Lathe - Southbend 9 - Maryland

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feckless Counsel

Petitio principii
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
TRF,

For sale is one complete Southbend 9 metal cutting lathe. Motor is 120V single phase. Ways are in great condition. Could use new felts and oil cups. Has three drawers and a cardboard box of accessories. Asking price is $1950. Pick up in Maryland. Sorry, cannot crate or deliver.

Feckless Counsel

Southbend 9 Lathe.JPG

Hello Feckless,

Care to share what the "cardboard box of accessories" contains? By complete, I assume there's a 4-jaw chuck, steady rest, face plate, lathe dogs, collets, collet closer, tool post, some tools, and maybe a taper attachment?

If that's the case, the box is where the money is.

Dan,

Yes, I understand I'll need to post a photo of all the tooling. Because I am feckless I just haven't got it done. Will do soon and post the list of what's included. But otherwise its got all that stuff.

TRF,

Here is a picture of the tooling included. I'll catalog it for anyone seriously interested. Three jaw chuck and cross feed and taper attachment are on the lathe as pictured above.

Feckless

tooling.jpg

Back