• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

estes leviathan/scion/big daddy nose cone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arakid01

Reaction score
So.... I am a bit of a klutz apparently. Well my dog also helped in this matter. I was sanding my freshly primed nose cone (best filling and priming job I've ever done mind you) while walking and my dog tripped me up and made me drop THEN STEP ON my nose cone. Obviously it got all dented and cracked. If anyone on here has a spare one they're willing to part with that would be awesome!

Thanks so much!

Eric

Yeah. Estes took them off the parts page. I needed one as well. BMS sells a 3" nose cone that fits Estes tubing. They are a little longer but higher quality. I ordered a couple myself and was quite impressed with them.

It's a secondary option if you can't find an original.

Your dogs and cats are conspiring to ruin your rockets. Have you found this nosecone? Where are you located?

Your dogs and cats are conspiring to ruin your rockets.

I really think they are!! Hahah.

Sadly I haven't found one yet. I am starting to think I'm gonna have to buy another kit (grumble grumble) to be able to complete my rocket. Agh

I really think they are!! Hahah.

Sadly I haven't found one yet. I am starting to think I'm gonna have to buy another kit (grumble grumble) to be able to complete my rocket. Agh

I have a Big Daddy cone. The rocket lawn-darted (not the first time), and the body tube is crunched at the top, but I think the cone is still intact. I've been saving the parts, thinking I would repair it, but after a year and a half, maybe that's not really going to happen. Let me take a look at it later today, and I'll see if it is actually in decent enough shape to make it worthwhile to ship. I'm in CA, so I thought if you were nearby, maybe we'd meet up at a launch, but it looks like we are on opposite sides of the country. Let me see what I've got, and I'll let you know.

Actually, I came home and looked. They appear to be about the same length but the BMS version has a longer shoulder. It's designed like an HPR cone.

The 2.56" version (BT-80) is extremely nice and fits their T-80H (heavy walled) tube.

BMS vs Estes 3" nosecones, Estes is the shorter one. While the BMS cone looks to have a longer shoulder it actually has less of a sloped area for the shock cord attachment. The BMS cone is about 1.5 to 2" longer than the Estes cone. BMS, Mercury Engineering and Apogee all sell the same nose cone for the PSII 3" tubing, only Estes has their nosecone (when its in stock of course).

EstesPSII3 andBMSpnc300k.jpg

Back