Slimline type snap ring sources?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I've got a couple of rockets that use a Slimline-style retainer. My personal fear is that some day I'll be out on the flightline, and trying to install a motor, and either the retaining ring will spring out of the retainer, or it will fall into grass where I can't find it. So, I'd like to have spare retaining rings on hand JIC. Problem is, I haven't seen them sold separately.

The versions I have are meant to be removed with a screwdriver, but I've seen internal retaining rings (that use special pliers), I suspect that they are interchangeable.

So, does anybody have a good source of 'em?

BTW... For those who are interested in Cosplay, the Klingon Painstick prop uses internal retaining rings to form the "cage" around the business end of it.

BTW after all these years, and all of the different types and styles of retainers, I like the old slimline with a pocket knife the best. Always has been the simplest.

Now if I only knew what the exact sizes I need are (in inches).

Give Kent at GLR a buzz, he will fix you right up. What size?

GLR? 38mm and 54mm

BTW after all these years, and all of the different types and styles of retainers, I like the old slimline with a pocket knife the best. Always has been the simplest.

However the pliers give you a positive grip on the parts.

Back