Email spam has exploded the last few days

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
My ISP does a great job filtering out the spam emails, but I can see how many are in the spam folder. I had been getting 1 or 2 a day, but I have 16 so far today. Its all sorts of stuff too, Dr Oz wants to help, loan approvals, amazon survey rewards, Fingerhut, Wall Street Journal subscriptions, etc. Almost all of them are using that spoofing trick where your email is in the sender block. It must fool enough people to be worth it. I never respond to any of it.

I've never unsub'd from so many rocketry emailing lists as I have this weekend. It got obnoxious how many some places were sending out. I don't need the same email every 6 freaking hours telling me you extended your sale "because it went so well". Right.

Spam seemed to take an uptick for me several weeks ago. I really wasn't getting much before that. Unfortunately, all my accounts seem to misclassify mail as spam so I have to check my spam folders once a day.

Show of hands...

How many thought the title of this thread was "Evil spam has exploded the last few days"? If only the spammers would (pink mist).

Back